Track and Poo, Quiz for You

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bodhi

Mar 7, 2010
Moray
Some pics will be following for your track and scat fun! Not as controversial as my previous post turned out so hope it provides some amusement. Once the pics have been added (Paul will add them as for some reason I dont seem to be able to) then I will provide measurements before I get told off again! Hope everyone is well and happy, and enjoying the fine weather too.
All the best
Rich

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'll put them up in the morning folks. There's some nice pics there for all to see but I didn't have time to do it before I left work. Good work Rich and nice to see you're out and about keeping us trackophiles interested.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
TrackPic1.jpg

TrackPic2.jpg

ScatA.jpg

ScatA2.jpg

ScatACloseUp.jpg

ScatACloseUp2.jpg

ScatB.jpg

ScatC.jpg

D1.jpg

D.jpg

Last edited:

Bodhi

Mar 7, 2010
Moray
Tracks (pics 1 and 2) - lower track in pic 1 is approx 6cm from tip to back (this is right hand upper track in pic 2)

Pics 2 to 6 inclusive are an approx 9cm length lump. I had already broken the lump to check the insides so reassmebled with stick as best I could.

Pics 7 and 8 were together (about a foot apart)

Pics 9 and 10 show a broken lump (by me). The top left part of the lump in the pics shows how the outer appeared prior to investigation. My size 11 boot is for comparison. The diameter of the boot front from the end of the black circumference on each side across the middle is prob about 12 cms. (If you want an exact then I'll measure the boots but they are in the car at the moment). Also note the large bone fragments.

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to identify everything.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm bumping this.
Didn't go to all that effort for nobody to have a go.
Get off the kit (yawn) threads and have a bash folks, all guesses are good guesses.

Bodhi

Mar 7, 2010
Moray
Now thats interesting to see. Some controversy over 3-6 and 9-10. I was uncomfortable with 9-10 being an owl pellet or pellet at all. The mass was very moist, seems to be digested material as well as undigested. The outer had whitish colouring to the end- urine?-bird poo? It was fresh but had no discernably strong smell either.
Cheers for being involved chaps.anyone else?
Rich

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Oh go then I'll give it a go........

(1)&(2) otter & water vole..
(3) to (6) short eared owl rejection pellet.
(7)&(8) deer droppings
(9)&(10) corvidae rejection pellet ..I'd say jackdaw or rook.

Bodhi

Mar 7, 2010
Moray
All the pics were taken within a three mile stretch of a path running from the sea up along the river

Bodhi

Mar 7, 2010
Moray
Spey-away-way (had to increase post from four letters to at least ten otherwise the machine wouldn't post)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE