Too Early For Sorrel ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Found these today, looks like Sorrel, when crushed smells like apple peel

100_0814.JPG

100_0816.JPG

100_0815.JPG

My books say April to May so is this just too early for it? or are they not so correct?

Rob.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks like Sorrel to me; I don't think the books are neccessarily wrong but everything seems to be topsy-turvey this year what with the warm and wet Winter weather. We have all sorts of things in bud here at the moment,
I've even seen brambles in flower and around here they're usually the last thing to come.

In my opinion things are changing greatly, the seasons merge in a way they didn't in the past and all the old timescales of what comes when seem to be a thing of the past; that's my experience of it, anyway.............

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As we have Daffs in full flower around here I think that "book guides" to flowering/appearing are well out for this season!

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I have flowers on my alpine strawberries now.
But as I can not remember when they usually flower, I don't know whether they are early or not.:)
The bluebell shoots were about an inch high under the leaf litter when we over-nighted in the woods last weekend.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Found some more today and what appears to be some young Lords and Ladies plants which grow in a tighter bunch. Caught site of the local fox too, not seen him/her for about 8 weeks or so but was a daily sighting in the meadow next to my work place.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE