Tomato feed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
My grandad used to immerse sheep "droppings" in an old bucket filled with water....it did wonders for lush leaf growth though I'm not sure what the NPK breakdown would be. Mainly nitrogen I guess, if so, a potash feed still needed for the fruit.

leon-1

I don't know too much about tomatoes, but chilli's have a similar taste (they like the same type of fertiliser), I use Potassium Nitrate / Salt Petre that's been used for making slow matches in solution as a fertiliser to be added to the chilli's water. Don't overdo it when adding solution to the water of the tomatoes.

Most of the guys on here will know how to make their own KNO3, but I don't think your neighbours would be overly happy about it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What Falcon said :)
The dags from a fleece before I wash it are removed and steeped in a bucket of water. It's the best fertilizer for almost everything in the garden.

cheers,
Toddy

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Nice to know someone else uses it Toddy :)...... in the old Shropshire vernacular my grandad called it "ship muck"....:D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
"Manure tea" is a good liquid feed - do beware adding fresh manure to them whole though. Some are fine, but some (chicken) can "burn" the veg if added without composting.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Thank you guys. I have put a hessian sack with manure in water before which seems to be a good tonic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Anyone you know keep ducks??

We have a few ducks in a large enclosed area/ run, when cleaning them out I spray them down with a hose and let the waste drain into a ditch behind where they are kept, every now and then I dig the ditch out and throw it onto the fruit trees, the fruit trees have been doing really well with the duck poo on them this year.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I meant to grow comfrey this year but never got round to it😕
I read about a fish guts and molasses feed which apparently smells a bit high at first but is meant to be like rocket fuel????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Comfrey is the one thing I can't stop growing! Make sure if you plant any that you take measures to stop it taking over the garden. I would suggest an armed guard with a flame thrower.

Also be advised that the comfrey brew smells every bit as evil as other natural fertilisers.

Z

Still refusing to upgrade Tapatalk.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There are sterile comfrey cultivars that do not set viable seed these days - feels like cheating though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE