Toiletpaper in winter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
When going to toilet in the woods in the summer time you can always use leaves or moss. But in winter time the leaves has fallen off and the moss is buried under snow.
This weeking I walked on a trail near my parents home. The 2nd day I had to go, but I had forgot to bring toiletpaper. But I remember reading about making snowballs to use as toiletpaper in a book by Lars Fält. Better to use snowballs then not wiping my bottom at all I thought. So after making a couple of snowballs I did what i had to do and after I sued the snowballs to wipe my bottom. Surprisingly it worked great!!!

The snowballs works best when are shaped as a drop.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Thanks for that candid, clear post! :-D

Did the snow feel, well, very cold? :shock:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Ah yes, that classic of wilderness literature: 'Ilex aquifolium: its role in personal hygiene' by R. Stornaway

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
:shock: :shock: :shock:

bigjackbrass said:
Viking said:
But I remember reading about making snowballs to use as toiletpaper in a book by Lars Fält.

Makes me awfully glad that I didn't challenge Herr Falt to a snowball fight...

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Steffan said:
Viking - don't suppose you've ever seen any of Lars' books in English have you? I did a course with him last year - good bloke!

Steffan

All of his books are in swedish, wich is kind of sad because is books are really great.
Met Lars on one day course last year and even got his latest book signed =)

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Doc said:
Ah yes, that classic of wilderness literature: 'Ilex aquifolium: its role in personal hygiene' by R. Stornaway

LOL, Very good Doc...Piles of useful information in that book. Perhaps we could start another thread about such useful books?

Justin

J

JeremyH

Another tip- along the same vein :
'Watch out where them Huskies go - do eat that yellow snow@
as sung by Frank Zappa - was he into bushcraft too?
jeremy

www.islaybirding.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE