To the Lavvu club

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
So I often see pictures of Tentipis with a tarp rigged over then entrance similar to those in the following link, although the main rope normally goes through the loop in the top and pegged well at the back.

http://www.campingforums.org.uk/forums/blogs/daves/7-weve-arrived.html

4639531385_73635cfa40_b.jpg

I have a helsport Varanger 8 - 10 which i'm quite sure doesn't have a loop at the top, plus with the polyester i would be worries about wearing through.

Has anybody been able to rig up tarps like this on lavvus other than tentipi? I was thinking about making a cone to go over the very top with some old hose to pass the cord though?

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I like that, very inventive, It could solve the problem of the end of the tarp being so high up, but it wouldnt be so good at stopping rain getting into the lavvu door.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I have the inner but I haven't used it yet. I wasn't too bothered about it but SWMBO really wants to use it. We are using it on the 2nd of Jan so if you are interested I can let you know after that.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Thers no reason why you couldnt mount the tarp straight to the pole on the varanger and add a guy from the pole to the ground behind the lavvu to take the stress therefore now strain on the nylon lavvu itself ,

Twodogs

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Not quite a lavvu, but a similar idea; on Mrs Bilmo's Vango Peace 500 I sewed 2 D-rings to each other, thru' the canopy, directly over the top of the door zip. I rigged a tarp, in an A-frame configuration, off the outside one and set up a horizontal guy from the inner ring to the pole so that the pole was supporting the tarp's ridge line.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE