Titanium honey stove now available.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I know a lot of people have expressed interest in the new BPL ti honey stove, well it's now on sale. I've already ordered mine! From reading the blurb it looks like they'll be offering a hive expansion set at some point too which will be nice.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A bit pricier than I was expecting, I'll wait for a second hand one I think.

Maybe if it was a gasifier I'd pay it but it's just a straight forward fire grate.

I do like the 161g all in weight though, that's very tempting

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
It was the weight that sold me on it I must admit. I used to do a fair bit of shaping titanium for jet engine heat shields and a while back priced up bits of titanium to knock up my own burner. To be honest once I'd paid for shipping it would have cost as much as this, plus I don't have to build it myself. I know what you mean though, titanium is a hell of a price.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I just got the square piece for the honey stove and I'll just take the square setup leaving everything behind. IIRC that is about the same weight as the Ti full version and will do for me anyway.

Blackberry

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2012
Cardiff
:why::why:

The Ti Emberlit stove is lighter than this and $55 (under £35)

I have the stainless steel but i love the emberlit stove :bigok:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've a Ti Emberlit on the way via a mate in Alabama so I'm only paying the internal postage. The maker seams a realy nice chap and recomended we have it forwarded by a US mate as his international shipping rate was a bit steep as he wasn't realy set up for it. ( I think he said 16 bucks, 5 for internal ) . As a business he would have to put the true value of the item on the customs declaration so I'd definately get hit for import duty etc. I'm getting the X piece in Ti as well so it can take smaller pots.

I'll put up some pics and a mini review when it gets here.

ATB

Tom

Just had a e from my mate and it's arrived there and he will be forwarding it me at the weekend so if it's runs to course I should have it by Friday next!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
I know a lot of people have expressed interest in the new BPL ti honey stove, well it's now on sale. I've already ordered mine! From reading the blurb it looks like they'll be offering a hive expansion set at some point too which will be nice.

Yeah, it's quite dear though. I have the steel one and it's lush. Just got the pocket stove too so now I don't have to convert between hex and square setups. Really like the pocket stove. Prob my fave bit of kit, truth be told.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
I've a Ti Emberlit on the way via a mate in Alabama so I'm only paying the internal postage. The maker seams a realy nice chap and recomended we have it forwarded by a US mate as his international shipping rate was a bit steep as he wasn't realy set up for it. ( I think he said 16 bucks, 5 for internal ) . As a business he would have to put the true value of the item on the customs declaration so I'd definately get hit for import duty etc. I'm getting the X piece in Ti as well so it can take smaller pots.

I'll put up some pics and a mini review when it gets here.

ATB

Tom

Just had a e from my mate and it's arrived there and he will be forwarding it me at the weekend so if it's runs to course I should have it by Friday next!

I bought one direct, a bit more pricey including the postage, but still far cheaper than the Ti honey stove. I didnt get hit with any import tax or anything, just turned up to the post office to be signed for.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
A excellent bit of kit ain't it?!

It's a bit of a gamble whether they hit you for import duty etc but I'm glad you escaped it! When I was getting my Scandinavian knives from a chap in the US ( was a lot cheaper than getting them over here or the Countries they were made in) they were catching me about one in three times, mainly I think as anything with knives on the CN22 is more likely to attract attentions than say "tractor parts".

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE