Titanium goodness!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Just bought some 25ft dyneema to replace my para cord and a tarp fly and hook from Dutch clips. Can't wait to set it up and see the benefits. Also bought another titanium cup 500ml and a titanium fire box from back packing light. Got some stuff to try out when I'm out next! :) can't wait! Anyone got any good experience with the pocket stove? I've tried it once and it seems that the stove was char coaling the wood. Was quite still wind wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I found the pocket stove to be a bit too small to be practical as a wood-burner. It was very difficult to keep the fire going with a pot on top. It's so small that the fire just flares up and then out, and it's hard to get a steady burn going. To be fair, I don't think wood-burning is its primary function, it's really a pot-support/windshield for use with a stove. I went back to using the Emberlit, which really does allow you to run a nice consistent fire.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
That's a shame! Was hoping that I could use it as a wood stove. Obviously not then. It nearly boiled on the third attempt too. Just needed a few more degrees and it would of rolled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I have one of the tiny Vargo stoves that looks like a chopped-off pyramid and that burns surprisingly well but you can only use a small pot on the top. I also have a Honey stove but it's such a fiddle to assemble that I haven't used it for some time. That's a pity because it burns well and a bit more thought on the design would have made an excellent piece of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE