Titanium 2pc cookset - interested ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m in talks at the moment with some chappies over in China to try and negotiate a good deal on some 2 piece titanium cooksets.

titan.jpg

The price I`ve been quoted is 31.80 USD per set but the show stopper so far is of course the postage. If I can get enough interest through the group buy and I`m able to place a good size order then this will of course come down.

If you`re interested in some new pans have a look at the below information ....

http://kingsoundti.en.ecplaza.net/23.asp

I`ll update this thread when I have further details form the manufacturers re: postage etc.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I may be interested in a few sets if the price is still lower than say the Alpkit equivalent after postage and import and custom duties etc?

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16372&category_id=283

There are a number of quite interesting products on the site!!
Would they send a sample to verify the quality and that?

Nigel

I`m trying to get hold of a sample at the moment Nige but I`m not prepared to pay the $40USD postage.

If I can get the 2pc set delivered to anyone who`s interested for around £40-45 then it should be a starter. To get the equivalent two pans from Alpkit would cost around £70 so hopefully fingers crossed.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Interested depending on price but i would think a sample to test would really help

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I sent a few questions to the guys just to try and clarify a few points.

They`re not gonna budge on the postage cost for the sample which is a bit a bummer cause it`s not cheap. I suppose it`s something I`ll have to swallow if I`m to progress this any further.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get this down from $40 USD ?

They are trade suppliers only and require a minimum order quantity before they will entertain me.

So in a nutshell I need to order 30 units at $31.80 each, plus postage at $165USD

Now I`ve worked that out at over 760 GBP :yikes:

Maybe I`ll have another look after Christmas

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
It's actually closer to £930 when you factor in the import duty, VAT and customs charges making them approx £32 + packing and carriage in the UK

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers rapidboy, I reckon it could be done for around £40-45 per set so we weren`t too far off originally.

Unfortunately it`s a lot of brass either way for me and probably a lot more hassle than it`s worth right now. So I`ll put this one on the back burner for a while unless my six numbers come in one night.

If anyone else is a bit flusher than me you`re more than welcome to pick this one up.

I`ll bump this again soon when I pick it up again. In the meantime if anyone`s interested in a 2pc Titanium set detailed in the first thread for around £45 then bung your name down anyway.

Probably looking at around the end of January/February time for this

It doesn't seem that long ago I was sitting in front of the computer with friends and looking at trade suppliers thinking there was a cheaper way, and Alpkit was born.

We haven't managed to achieve it yet with our current webstore but our plan has always been to offer a bulk buy service that would be considerably cheaper than single items. We would save money on bank charges, postage etc which we could pass on. And because bulk purchases mean we don't have quite so much stock on the shelves we can lower the old margin a little.

If a Bushcraft member wanted to approach us offering to buy larger quantities we could let you know a price which you could then sell on to other members. The only downside would be that one person would have to stump up the cash in the first place and deal with the collection of money and the distribution to other members. This might be something to think about for group meets etc.

Have a good one, Jim.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It doesn't seem that long ago I was sitting in front of the computer with friends and looking at trade suppliers thinking there was a cheaper way, and Alpkit was born.

We haven't managed to achieve it yet with our current webstore but our plan has always been to offer a bulk buy service that would be considerably cheaper than single items. We would save money on bank charges, postage etc which we could pass on. And because bulk purchases mean we don't have quite so much stock on the shelves we can lower the old margin a little.

If a Bushcraft member wanted to approach us offering to buy larger quantities we could let you know a price which you could then sell on to other members. The only downside would be that one person would have to stump up the cash in the first place and deal with the collection of money and the distribution to other members. This might be something to think about for group meets etc.

Have a good one, Jim.

Thanks for that Jim I might just take you up on the offer after xmas

Oh and welcome to the forum

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Welcome to the forum Alpjim and thanks for the suggestion and thanks Rich for delving into this for us, I look forward to seeing what we can do.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
I look forward to the day that Alpkit accepts PayPal. Not only is there a credit card jungle, credit cards are also refused because they are "international" and not UK ones - eg Maestro.

The Alpkit MytiMug and a MytiPot offer is good (£10 off) and would make the group buy more interesting as well.

But at the moment I will just have to keep on searching elsewhere to get a decent titanium or steel mug/pot combination (from somewhere that accepts PayPal or Euro bank transfers).

reddeath

Forager
Jul 29, 2007
Kilkenny, ROI
I look forward to the day that Alpkit accepts PayPal. Not only is there a credit card jungle, credit cards are also refused because they are "international" and not UK ones - eg Maestro.

The Alpkit MytiMug and a MytiPot offer is good (£10 off) and would make the group buy more interesting as well.

But at the moment I will just have to keep on searching elsewhere to get a decent titanium or steel mug/pot combination (from somewhere that accepts PayPal or Euro bank transfers).

agreed whole heartidely sp?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE