titamium frame lock THE TITUN

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
That is really nice! :)

Do you create the frame yourself? I have no idea how difficult it might be to work titanium and am curious.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That is really nice! :)

Do you create the frame yourself? I have no idea how difficult it might be to work titanium and am curious.
as for working with its an absolute nightmare to be honest, but the property in the grade 5 aerospace titanium i use is a must for the lock, due to the spring in the material mate. to cut to tap, is horrendous it eats bandsaw blades like there free, and breaks taps like they are given to me lol, but i love it.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
as for working with its an absolute nightmare to be honest, but the property in the grade 5 aerospace titanium i use is a must for the lock, due to the spring in the material mate. to cut to tap, is horrendous it eats bandsaw blades like there free, and breaks taps like they are given to me lol, but i love it.

I can imagine. :)

If you have any photos of the cutting process please do post them. I had a Szebenza many years back, the titanium felt really nice in the hand.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I can imagine. :)

If you have any photos of the cutting process please do post them. I had a Szebenza many years back, the titanium felt really nice in the hand.
i just use a band saw bud. my youtube chanel is lbcustomknives i show me making a friction folder in titanium on there

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
[video=youtube;rkRJCc0HaEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRJCc0HaEM&feature=yo utu.be[/video]
a short vid of it working

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Illegal to sell to a minor or carry around without good reason but otherwise perfectly legal.

Amazing work there, Lee, I hope your books open up soon!

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Illegal to sell to a minor or carry around without good reason but otherwise perfectly legal.

Amazing work there, Lee, I hope your books open up soon!
thanks bud. exactly he can tell the 2 police officers that have custom orders they are illegal too if he wants

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE