Time to say Goodbye_from Abbe!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Marts said:
I've got a question about moderating. :rolleyes:

Who's gonna moderate during the bushmoot? :eek:

Any of us that cannot make it to the moot, there are normally a few that either cannot make the whole thing or cannot make it at all due to work commitments, family holidays and the like.

As it is, do people need moderation?
Are they incapable of moderating themselves?

If they are incapable of moderating themselves then Tony's trust will have been misplaced, only time will tell and we all hope it works out for the better :)

Reactions: Toddy

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
anthonyyy said:
Steady on lads! All this emotional stuff is unmanly.

ps Abbe: You can get some really nice sheds at IKEA

Hehe, I first will have to fix the roof. I believe Ikea is no good use.
Look at that mess!

the-roof.jpg
[/IMG]

Its a real adventure for me, I have never done such stuff. As some of you know I was an artist before, sitting at the drawing table every day. I had thin arms, long fingers and a broken back. Now with my new work in the woods I got much stronger, but I have to read everything, how to build a roof etc. That I have done now and I only have to get my guts together buy the wood and roof plates and get on with it. :eek:

I keep you guys updated

cheers
Abbe

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'm glad you have reconsidered Abbe - and btw from the pic the roof dosn't look too bad! (you should see my workshop roof!!! - has a rather dashing blue polythene cover ;) )

keep us informed of your progress buddy and remember there is a wide spectrum of experience on here!, if you stumble on a problem just ask and someone will be along with a helpful sugestion or two (just like you have done in the past!)

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thank you :)

I'm really pleased, nay touched your staying 'cos like alot of folk have said your such a huge inspiration and your really living in the world we are so keen to study.

:grouphug:

Be safe Abbe....especially on that roof.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
abbe, I too am glad that you have reconsidered and decided to stay here. As one of the people on the site that actually gets out there and uses the skills for real you have respect from me. I sit at a desk most of the time. and it drives me nuts.

keep it up, careful up the roof, keep posting.

all the best
steve

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Welcome home Abbe mate, great to see you back. Good luck with the roof.

Thanx too for the explanations of Tony and the mods, they explain a lot, cheers guys.

Dave

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Abbe Osram said:
Hehe, I first will have to fix the roof. I believe Ikea is no good use.
Look at that mess!

the-roof.jpg
[/IMG]

Its a real adventure for me, I have never done such stuff. As some of you know I was an artist before, sitting at the drawing table every day. I had thin arms, long fingers and a broken back. Now with my new work in the woods I got much stronger, but I have to read everything, how to build a roof etc. That I have done now and I only have to get my guts together buy the wood and roof plates and get on with it. :eek:

I keep you guys updated

cheers
Abbe
Abbe........Roof, from what I see, looks ok for the time being, the biggest problem there looks like where the roofing sheets meet the chimney stack, there is no lead covering the upturns, so during prolonged rain you will get water travelling down the outside of the stack into the building, it needs lead flashing, chased into the stack and covering the upturns.
The stack itself looks ok, via the photo. The mortar looks strong, but someone has done a bodge up on the top right of the stack, probably to close off one of the holes, maybe it (the fire) wasn't drawing properly. It might be ok though, just looks messy.
Obviously, I am going by a photo and what I say might not be the case.
If you want any advise on anything building wise (externally), give me a shout mate. Been a builder for many years and used to be a roofer........
Just noticed, stack has some corrugated sheet on the top.........This is not normal, but if secure, should be ok.........

Reactions: Doc

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Abbe,
Fabulous news, welcome back! I hope we have all benefitted a little from the experience and can settle down again and get on with the serious business of being a community and sharing our experiences. The other good news is that it's raining heavily at the moment in my part of Scotland and a bit cooler for the first time in about 10 days

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE