Time to say Goodbye_from Abbe!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
richeadon put it very well there I think, and I'll second his sentiments. I'd also urge you not to quit over this and to take a break and return in a while and tell us all about the adventures we've all been missing out on.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Abbe,

I have learned a great deal from you, your posts and your webpage. I totally understand where you are coming from and am wrestling with the same decision myself. My main regret is that we never did get to finish that philosophy debate - another time perhaps

In your own words "you're okay, I'm okay"

Walk safely my friend and I hope we meet up in another place and time

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Not too sure what exactly happened to make you take this decision, but I, and others I'm sure, will respect your decision. It really is a shame that some of the old vanguard are leaving, I've got to know you all in a strange sort of way, and I don't like seeing good friends leave.

I hope your absence won't be a permanent one, though you say it will. Hopefully, in 6 months or so, you might come and visit just to see how we are doing and to let us all know how you are.

Don't be a stranger :(

Spam

Grimnir

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
Northants
writing more stuff about Bushcraft than kit related thoughts and info

I must say having read Abbe's post again, I must say I'd like to see more on the skills and crafts which are bushcraft than the discussions on kit. Yeah it would be nice to get my hands on some of that stuff but when I go out it will be with what I can make or make-do. I just don't have the extra available to indulge.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
Dont loose heart, you will be sorely missed if you let the embers die down, pack away the gear and head on. There will always be a log around the fire for you here.

Take care my friend........

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I hope you change your mind soon Abbe.
I have never really interacted much with you much but you above most, if not all, members on the site have really inspired me with your posts.
You will be missed :(
Never say Never!

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
I'm gutted. I always enjoyed your posts and admire the lifestyle you have led up there. Hope you will change your mind as your views always come from a person living the bushcraft life.

take care mate

James

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Spacemonkey said:
...which is why we need him to stay and write more about his lifestyle. :)

Would you stay if someone flamed your lifestyle ???

Abbe was/is one of the true bushcrafters on this group he lives what others only dream about.

I think a few members of this group live their dreams through him.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Abbe,may I suggest that you have a rest from the forum and return later.

Your contributions are too valuable to lose for good and you have a lot of support on this forum.

If however you don't feel that you can stay,I wish you continued enjoyment and success in your chosen lifestyle.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Abbe,
As a relative newcomer it disappoints me that you feel you have to go. All to often these days we seem prepared to let the wise elders fall by the wayside. Why are we on this website? For me its primarily to learn about and to discuss Bushcraft so that I can try to master skills that, in many instances, are all but forgotten. It pains me that someone with your obvious knowledge and skills feels he has to go. What does that tell us? It tells me that something seems to be wrong for we really can't afford to let such a good humoured and knowledable practicing Bushcrafters go. Lets face it, we need guys like yourself to show us the way. Good luck and I will be visiting your website.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE