Timberland Boots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi All,

My old Gelert boots have been surprisingly good, but are now looking decidedly tired and I have one eye out for some cheap replacements.

I was in my local charity shop yesterday and saw some Timberland hiking boots in v.g.c. for £9.99. I tried them on and they were very comfortable indeed. But, how does this brand perform as a proper working boot? My perception is that its more of a fashion thing?

Cheers,
Matt

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi Tom,

Yep..it's mainly blundering around in the wood so I'll take a look at the Go-Outdoors ones. It's not urgent though - I thought I might get the Timberlands if they were a real bargain - but I might wait until my Gelerts are actually falling apart.

Cheers,
Matt.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
For a tenner I'd grab 'em now mate, you'll get that back and more just wearing them on short bimbles to save your good boots, and they won't be there long....................

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a pair of tan Timberland boots back in the day, 20'ish years ago now. I passed out on a wall outside a student pub in Bradford one night, when I woke up a while later somebody had nicked them off my feet. I was gutted at the time but then remembered they both leaked in rain and the sole was about to fall off on one of them anyway.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I had a pair of tan Timberland boots back in the day, 20'ish years ago now. I passed out on a wall outside a student pub in Bradford one night, when I woke up a while later somebody had nicked them off my feet. I was gutted at the time but then remembered they both leaked in rain and the sole was about to fall off on one of them anyway.

Long walk home in yer socks? :)

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Gelert were always a budget brand and are now just another part of Sports Direct so are likely made in the same Bangladeshi sweatshops as their Karrimor etc stuff , with different badges glued on.

But, how does this brand perform as a proper working boot? My perception is that its more of a fashion thing?

It is very much going to depend on the specific boot model as to how good/bad it is but more importantly, what sort of work?

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I've had a few pairs of timberlands and have been very happy with them for the price. I have a lightweight pair of hiking boots from them I use for walking, hunting, general stuff in the woods, and they've been going strong for about 3 years now. I also wear a heavier pair almost every day and they hold up very well.
Even though the brand has been hijacked by hipsters, they are still a good boot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE