Tiger vs Lion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Ah but was it a male Lion or Lioness? Male Lion I'm sure would win.

One quick kill for the Tiger though!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I think we would need a statistical approach. One killis not conclusive. There are 2 lions left, best of 3 I think should prove it!!!

Well a fox is undoubtedly quicket but I would put money on the badger.

Red Squirrel or a Grey? Either I reckon it would still be a cat but the grey would last longer. Well its bigger so take longer to eat!!

What about a leopard or jaguar vs a tiger or lion? Aren't Bengal tigers the bigger ones too?

Polar bear vs grizzly? Perhaps the kodiak island bears that are supposed to be huge?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I think we would need a statistical approach. One killis not conclusive. There are 2 lions left, best of 3 I think should prove it!!!

Well a fox is undoubtedly quicket but I would put money on the badger.

Red Squirrel or a Grey? Either I reckon it would still be a cat but the grey would last longer. Well its bigger so take longer to eat!!

What about a leopard or jaguar vs a tiger or lion? Aren't Bengal tigers the bigger ones too?

Polar bear vs grizzly? Perhaps the kodiak island bears that are supposed to be huge?

Kodiaks ARE huge but Polar bears are supposed to be the largest bear species on the planet. Never seen one though so I have to accept what I read.

As far as the cat vs squirrel that's easy. Our cats actively hunt grey sqirrels. When one of the cats is feeling affectionate and/or generous she'll leave a dead squirrel by the door as a present.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I saw something about Kodiaks actually being bigger, a strange evolutionary effect of being on the island. Think it was a documentary on them.

Of course grizzlies have been mating with polar bears I believe I saw on a documentary once. A very dangerous thing but male grizzlies have been going out looking for female polars and sometimes they succeed.

Agreed with the squirrel vs cat.

Scottish wildcat vs mink??

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I saw something about Kodiaks actually being bigger, a strange evolutionary effect of being on the island. Think it was a documentary on them.

Of course grizzlies have been mating with polar bears I believe I saw on a documentary once. A very dangerous thing but male grizzlies have been going out looking for female polars and sometimes they succeed.

Agreed with the squirrel vs cat.

Scottish wildcat vs mink??

Everything I've seen or read the last few years (documentaries, books, the Animal Planet channel, etc) has agreed that the Kodiak bear is no different genetically from other grizzlies. Rather they are bigger because of the superior diet available on Kodiak Island. It's not my field of study but it does seem logical. I've seen the evidence of the cross breeding of grizzlies and polar bears and the programs I've seen tend to blame it on the polar bears migrating into grizzlie territory because of reduced ice floes caused by climate change. No hard evidence cited but again, it seems logical.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I recall reading recently that when the tiger and lion range overlapped the lions almost always gave way to the tigers.

A lion is a pack beast and expects support from others like street hoodlums. A tiger expects to fight alone and is psychologically ready for solo combat.

The female lionesses are a family hunting group but male lions are usually solitary except for a brief period of a couple of years when they are in their prime and dominate a pride. Lions are the only species of cat that has a social structure. ALL others are solitary.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The female lionesses are a family hunting group but male lions are usually solitary except for a brief period of a couple of years when they are in their prime and dominate a pride. Lions are the only species of cat that has a social structure. ALL others are solitary.

Yup and is a guy who has the women do all the hunting while he sleeps under a tree going to be a match for a tiger?

And once he is past his prime?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wolverine hands down its the adamantuim skeleton and fast healing that'd do it.

Happened to read that with a mouthfull of cornflakes, which are now mostly over the monitor and keyboard. Thank you soooo much! :lmao:

T-rex vs 5 Veloceraptors?

White shark vs Tiger shark?

Scouser vs Pikey?

Tug o' war between a Massey ferguson vs John Deere tractors?

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Once when I was recruiting new members for my local wildlife trust a guy came up to me and asked me which would win in a fight between a squirrel and an otter.
"Otter" I said at once.
"But those squirrels are vicious and tough" he protested, obviously disappointed with my answer.
"Look" I said, "an otter is 3 times the size, and adapted to subdue and kill large powerful prey like fish and ducks. A squirrel is adapted to subduing and killing hazelnuts"

The guy walked off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE