Tick Repellant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
www.rovince.co.uk
autan plus protects against ticks for up to 4 hours, use whilst stalking in scotland, pretty bad for ticks, touch wood i aint had any yet.
i also where long john type breatheable wicking pants under my walking pants. ( if its not to hot)

If it's cold enough to wear long johns, it's likely too cold for ticks.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Permethrin is probably the best you can safely use (and yes, keep it on your clothing, not your skin) When you come right down to it though, NOTHING is 100%. Not even cattle dipping. During the Summer I pull an average of ten - twenty ticks off each of my dogs......EVERY DAY! And another three or four off me. When I was still logging in pine woods, the number was much, much greater.

And yes, they are easier to see if you wear light colored clothing. But the downside is that NO, light colored clothing doesn't repel them, it ATTRACTS them.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I'm usually irresistible to anything bug like and i use Deet all the time. If its not 95%, i dont buy it. I can honestly say I've never had a tick on me, might be just coincidence.

In fact, been at Giants Seat over the weekend and I've used Deet on arms,hands,head etc but kept it away from my watch...and guess what....

6a7e3e8e.jpg

Sorry, nothing to do with ticks.

Looks more like a mite bite to me mate. Evil things they are, although no limes thank sheevus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE