Thumbs up for Otterbox.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all,

Just a quick shout for the great customer service at OtterBox. I have been using their stuff for ages now and have always been impressed by the performance of their kit. A while back I bought one of their Defender cases for my HTC One X. It has taken a right beating and has been out with me in all weathers, not to mention trapping it in a door and it getting covered in various beverages.
Recently it was starting to look pretty battered and the outer rubber shell was starting to get a bit loose around the edges so I emailed Otterbox and asked them if it was possible to get just the outer shell rather than the whole case. They responded pretty much immediately and asked for a few photos of the case. Within a day they had got back to me and offered to send a completely new case out completely free of charge :D As promised a new case arrived less than a week later FOC. Very good of them indeed!

So nice to hear of good customer service. Good kit too.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I traded for an otterbox cover for my one x on here a few months ago, damn good bit of kit, can't imagine using anything else for my mobile phones now!

RM

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I have an Otterbox Defender and Commuter for my HTC Desire.
I upgraded my phone recently though to a Galaxy S3 so decided to try a Griffin Survivor...only I could buy a bloody FAKE phone case :banghead:
The survivor looks good, but I'm spitting my dummy out and going back to the Otterbox because I know they are a FANTASTIC :cool: bit of kit. I have one lined up in Realtree camo :D

Sent from a (Samsung) Galaxy, far far away.

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
I received a replacement silicone skin FOC from Otterbox today, the original had lost its ability to cling to the edge of my ipad,on one corner. I contacted Otterbox customer services asking if I could buy a replacement skin, after supplying a few photos by email they mailed me a new one. Top marks for customer service!

Paul

Gasparo

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
Cardiff
I'm gonna be getting some hardknox cases, if anyone has experience with both: how do Otterbox compare to Peli cases?

May 8, 2011
London
I have an Otterbox 1000, the thing is impossible to open/close. I have modified the lip on the latch a little bit just so I don't have to you a tool to force it open. I think I got one of the uber secure ones, requires heavy machinery to open. That being said I think it will keep anything inside very very secure. Lets see what the 2000 is like when it bothers to turn up.

sycamour

Forager
Dec 10, 2012
south east
Hi,
I have had an otterbox on my phone since new, its stood up to wildfowling, been bounced around
the land rover numerous times, and I once left it on the kennels roof for 2 stormy days (don,t ask))
They are first class built for purpose cases..

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
What email did you use? I emailed them to say that the power cover on mine had come off after a few months use and never heard back from them

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
What email did you use? I emailed them to say that the power cover on mine had come off after a few months use and never heard back from them

If you go to their website you can fill out a form and go from there.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
..well then, sounds like they have great customer service and quality control ;)
I will try Peli I think

My thoughts were the same but I dont think any soft rubber outer is going to hold its shape for ever. Hard cases yes due to their nature but wubbery ones are eventually going to fail and sooner rather than later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE