Three bridle leather belts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I've just finished these three bridle leather belts, all made with Baker's traditionally oak-bark tanned bridle leather, arguably the best leather you can buy. The one inch belt is black, with the 1 1/4 inch belts in London Tan and Australian Nut. All the buckles are solid brass, with the buckle on the tan belt being nickel plated, as I think that the silver grey colour looks better than brass against the tan leather.

This latter buckle is the first of a new sample I'm trying out, They are English sand cast buckles, made at the last brass buckle foundry left in England. Not cheap, but something that complements very well the traditional leather.

As ever, the belts are completely hand made, not a sewing machine in sight!

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

IMG_3984_zpsf34d96b1.jpg

IMG_3983_zps077c29b3.jpg

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Stunning belts as ever Geoff. Sewing machine, what's one of those?

I saw some belts in Dartington a few weeks ago made from this same leather, but the edges weren't done as well and they had more simple buckles on, the price tag was £95!

We have a great resource and bargain prices on this forum.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very classy; the buckles look superb and compliment the leather perfectly, whoever ends up with those is going to be a very lucky boy!...............atb mac

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Thanks, folks, for all the kind comments.

Stunning belts as ever Geoff. Sewing machine, what's one of those?

I saw some belts in Dartington a few weeks ago made from this same leather, but the edges weren't done as well and they had more simple buckles on, the price tag was £95!

We have a great resource and bargain prices on this forum.

Indeed. It may seem immodest on my part to say this but, when I get the chance, I try to look at 'professional' makers (e.g. saddlers) at craft studios, shows, etc. and am surprised at the relatively poor quality finish that many (highly priced) belts seem to command.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE