Thread Progression & Avatars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeGeeBee

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
South Lakes
:confused: First off. How does one setup or change the way the 'Threads' appear? It seems to be set with the newest post/first to be viewed at the top. So if you weren't in from the start, miss a few posts or found a given thread through a word or tagged search. You have to view said thread backwards. It's like having a talk with someone who already knows the final answer. I'm left trying to figure out the question.

Second. I've been trying to add an avatar, to no avail. The image is 60x80 and is used on two other forums. I've tried downloading direct from my computer, via copy & paste, Tried a copy from one of the other forums, via a direct copy and using the URL. I've uploaded the image to 'Photobucket', copying & pasting the URL from there. And I've done the same with the IMG and the Direct Link. All I get is, "Invalid URL" or "Download failed". Any thoughts?

TGB

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure how to make permanent changes at the mo because the site's not fully functional after the recent hiccups.

As a work around ,if you click on the thread title rather than the latest post you can start from the beginning.

I don't think the avatars and sigs are working properly either yet.

Ahnjo should be along to tell you what happening though.

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
TGB
Go to User CP,
scroll down to Edit Options
in Edit Options scroll down to Thread Display Options
from there you can change Thread Display Mode by changing options in drop down menu.

Can't help you with your Avatar as I had no problems with mine.
I just uploaded mine from my PC.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Second. I've been trying to add an avatar, to no avail. The image is 60x80 and is used on two other forums. I've tried downloading direct from my computer, via copy & paste, Tried a copy from one of the other forums, via a direct copy and using the URL. I've uploaded the image to 'Photobucket', copying & pasting the URL from there. And I've done the same with the IMG and the Direct Link. All I get is, "Invalid URL" or "Download failed". Any thoughts?

TGB
I can see a Mr Potato Head in your avatar space... is that the one you intended?

TeeGeeBee

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
South Lakes
TGB
Go to User CP,
scroll down to Edit Options
in Edit Options scroll down to Thread Display Options
from there you can change Thread Display Mode by changing options in drop down menu...

:) Thanks for that. At last I can view things in a proper order and I've retuned to moving forward. Plus I can now tell how old the original thread is, without having to find the last page.

I can see a Mr Potato Head in your avatar space... is that the one you intended?

:confused: Uh, yeah? But how did that come about one wonders? Last time I looked, I wasn't there. :) But yes, 'Mr Potato Head' is indeed the my desired image.

;) Thank you all for the replies and help. I feel a little more sane now. I'm never going to be normal. But what's normal anyway...

TGB

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE