Thread layout question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Newbie question here regarding the post layout on threads. I notice that the first post in a thread is on the bottom of the page not the top. I will confess to being confused (it's easily done :) ) as I'm used to the OP being at the top. Is there anyway I can rearrange the threads so the first post is at the top?

Thanks in advance,
Malc.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Malc,
On the blue bar above there's a "Forum Actions" button in the dark blue line, click it and some options come up like this.

[h=3]Thread Display Options[/h]Visible Post Elements:
  • Show Signatures
  • Show Avatars
  • Show Images (including attached images and images in code)[/COLOR]
    [/LIST]
    [COLOR=#777777]You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.[/COLOR]
    Thread Display Mode: Linear - Oldest First Linear - Newest First Threaded Hybrid [COLOR=#777777]Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view[URL="http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_thread_display"]this help page[/URL].[/COLOR]

Number of Posts to Show Per Page: Use Forum Default Show 5 Posts Per Page Show 10 Posts Per Page Show 20 Posts Per Page Show 30 Posts Per Page [COLOR=#777777]Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.[/COLOR]
    Default Thread Age Cut Off: Use Forum Default Show threads from last day Show threads from last 2 days Show threads from last week Show threads from last 10 days Show threads from last 2 weeks Show threads from last month Show threads from last 45 days Show threads from last 2 months Show threads from last 75 days Show threads from last 100 days Show threads from last year Show all threads [COLOR=#777777]You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    Go to the "Thread Display" and you can change how it appears. I know 'cause I like mine set out in an odd way!

Hope this helps,
    ATB,
    GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
No worries Malc (Not so much of an expert that my cut and paste didn't come out right!):rolleyes:. Glad to be of help, I like my browser the other way 'round from most folk - 'cause I'm weird!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE