This weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Alright, in about 7 hours I'm heading into the bush for the day with an old survival school buddy of mine. From 8am-6pm we'll be building a shelter, and catching some early spring fish (streams are all bare now) for our lunch and supper.

After which, we head to Toronto for the Outdoor Adventure Show, to price gear and see if I can beat the "World Champion Bow-driller". I guaruntee you he'll win, but I have a back up plan (cordless drill :D ). As well, I'd love to see what new clothes, and books have come out in the edible plant, and tracking genres.

So I guess I'm trying to say... see ya on Monday :lmao:

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Tomorrow evening I'm off with a friend to a bothy in the Cairngorms near Lochnagar. Just an opportunity to chill for an evening in front of a good fire, drop of malt whisky and put the world to rights. Be an opportunity to try out my new sleeping bag and billy. Can't wait :)

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Saturday evening I hope to be sitting under the stars in a hot springs in the high desert near Soldier Meadows in Nevada. Some snow is predicted, so I'm wondering how to make it from hot water to tent! :thinkerg:

I'd rather be sitting in the cairngorms with a large malt like Ardbeg or Caol Ila. Cant get it here. Do you think Im a little homesick?
Hope you guys have a great one.
George

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I'm out with my nephew tomorrow for some geocaching in the AM, then some shelter building & firecraft in the afternoon. Then, I try out my new stove.
We JUST had the Cabella's (I think it was) outdoor show here last weekend; of course, I found out about it too late. go figure.

Gailainne

Life Member
Hmmm seeing Buachaille Etive Mor on the way up to Arisaig and Back of Keppoch camp site, I have a meeting Friday afternoon, but after that I'm free..I think a little weekend trek is in order.

BTW if your interested check this out Aerial and type in arisaig, or wherever, click on hybrid, gives you road/town names plus the satellite imagery.

Cheers

Stephen

norm

Feb 18, 2005
Leicestershire
Off to Langdale in the Lakes testing out the new Tent - campsite this time, wilds next.

Front rooms too small to set it up, so we need to test it properly... :D

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
My weekend was quite eventful. Went to the bothy but getting there was quite interesting. Navigating across moors in heavy mist with lots of peat hags and it getting dark. Soon had a roaring fire on though and after a couple of drams the world looked more friendly. Took the dog out about 10.00pm and even with the head torch on I couldn't see more that 20 yards because of the mist, not the whisky!. Had to make our way back on Saturday but took the 'sporting' route. Crossed a burn in spate with melting snow then more mist and peat hags. I fell through a hole in soft snow up to me knees in brown liquid peat. We did find the remains of a wooden cart wheel which must have been used for taking peat back from the hill. Must have been well over 100 years old. Got back to the car in sunshine! Very hard work peat hags but it was a good wekend and I got to practice my navigation. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE