This week, I arrr be mainly makin' things in leather.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Took a couple o' days off from makin' 'neckies' an made mesel' a new 'Rum transportation' device.
I've used the same leather clad rum bottle fer nigh on 8 years....so I thought I'd make a new one out o' the saddle leather I was given a while back. It were enough fer a 'new' design an' t' have a small tankard added.....What do ye think? tis me first foray in t' the 'dark arts' o' leather work, but the tankard is water tight an' the stitchin' is holdin' so far...lol
This is it 'open'
DSC00562.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

An' 'closed'...
DSC05535.jpg

An' how it hangs on me baldrick.
DSC005671.jpg

After makin' that....I had enough feelin' left in me fingers t' make a 'cow hide' sheath fer me BG Bushcrafter.. :)
DSC05054.jpg

DSC05055.jpg

Hope ye enjoyed the show......An' remember...makin' stuff out o' someone elses rubbish...IS cool. :)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Ahoy there good cap'n, noice jahb oid saye me haartie....goodjob
First time I've seen a furry knife sheath, and you did well to get the diameters right with the bottle and cup to fit snug :)

oscari

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 28, 2010
outdoors
Thats a nice looking bit of kit,I have a bottle of morello cherry brandy that would look nice dressed in leather.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
JOHN........ NO!!!:eek:

I remember that "stuff".... Still has me wakin' in cold sweats !

Nice work with the leather too Badger :D

Nah - this is a harmless brew of my own concoction - mixed wild fruits in a mix of dark and light rum and Vodka...a leathal cocktail so - a Molotov:)Quite nice realy.....:rolleyes: The Omnicom is long gone......

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Nah - this is a harmless brew of my own concoction - mixed wild fruits in a mix of dark and light rum and Vodka

That sounds like it'll put hair on yer chest!! (Wonder if it'll work for the top of my bonce)..

Do you drink it or is part of your fire kit?? (Hmm... I know a lot on here use meths, is "that" for fuel or drink or both?).

I might experiment with such a concoction as yours next weekend - purely in the interests of research you understand... (Drink not fuel).

atb

Liam

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It was the Croation stuff that I used for both fuel and drinking...home made spirits that came in a large coke bottle with some herb floating in it. That was "donated" to the gang at Swyns place as a "thank you"....I could drink it by the bottle-capful but no more - and even then it made my temples ache as I drank it.I would never let any booze like that near the Cap'ns leatherwork!

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
It was the Croation stuff that I used for both fuel and drinking...home made spirits that came in a large coke bottle with some herb floating in it. That was "donated" to the gang at Swyns place as a "thank you"....I could drink it by the bottle-capful but no more - and even then it made my temples ache as I drank it.I would never let any booze like that near the Cap'ns leatherwork!

Deary me, that reminds me of the stuff my brother brought me from his trips to Romania.

I once spent an evening (a few hours TBH) drinking Barley Wine when I was younger and the sore head was the worst ever. Or so I thought until I tried the Roma stuff...

Never, ever, ever again.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have never had a real hangover (just got a cast iron liver I guess) but this stuff "Rekia" (sp?) made my head hurt as I drank it! :O

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE