Third Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Angus Og said:
Went out yesterday and try out the steel O rings and they worked out a treat. http://img491.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00551fi.jpg

Is that the same sort of distance from the hammock to the O ring as on the Ecosystem? I am interested as one of my reasons for considering the change to O rings is that it will raise the ridge line of my insect netting.

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
Abbe, It will be worth the wait when it does arrive though. I hope that you dont have to wait too much longer for yours to arrive. Its horrible hearing everyone recieve theirs and still having to wait for your own one to arrive:)
Andrew.

stevem

Oct 2, 2005
suffolk
thanks mate it arrived today all i have to do now is wait for the trees in my back garden to grow and i can put it up!!!!!!!!

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
This question to those who are using O-Rings or Karabinas and isn't a dig at why you use them, but i am genuinely curious of there use.....

How does the use of o-ring with these hammocks improve there ease of "putting uppyness" and are they better than using the metal hooks that come pre-fitted to the hammock. I've only slept in these hammocks once and just used two lengths of webbing to tie it up with and didn't have any probs.

I was just curious if they would make my life easier in any way????

TIA.

MagiKelly

You can use the hooks and there is no great problem, however, there is the potential for the tape knot to come off the hook. Unlikely but still a risk.

The reason the hammock is hung by tieing the tapes to the tree THEN adjusting the hieght by tieing a knot at the rings is so that you can make the adjustmentds to the hammock hieght under the cover of the tarp. So you can have it set high for sleeping and then adjustt it to a lower position for sitting on during the day, without getting wet. It is also much quicker and simpler than trying to re do the knot at the tree. there is also the advantage that the loops of spare tape hanging at the rings act as drip lines and stop any water working its way along the tapes from getting to the hammock itself.

Shankly

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
Cambs
Just like to say thanks John, I received my parcel today. That will keep one child happy and leave the other sharing with dad :) If only for a couple of more years. I was grateful for your write-up on the steel rings, I hadn't realised just how useful they could be in bad weather set ups.. You learn something new every day..
Once again cheers for the group buy, Shankly.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
MagiKelly said:
You can use the hooks and there is no great problem, however, there is the potential for the tape knot to come off the hook. Unlikely but still a risk.

The reason the hammock is hung by tieing the tapes to the tree THEN adjusting the hieght by tieing a knot at the rings is so that you can make the adjustmentds to the hammock hieght under the cover of the tarp. So you can have it set high for sleeping and then adjustt it to a lower position for sitting on during the day, without getting wet. It is also much quicker and simpler than trying to re do the knot at the tree. there is also the advantage that the loops of spare tape hanging at the rings act as drip lines and stop any water working its way along the tapes from getting to the hammock itself.

Cheers for that John :You_Rock_

MagiKelly

Okay only 6 hammocks still to be posted. A couple of them have teh cheques in the post and the others I will get round to PMing at some point.

Now an update. I have contacted the company that makes the insect netting for the EcoSystem and am currently trying to get a price for a bulk purchase of a netting set up similar to the Ecosystem set up. This may not work out but I thought it best to mention it in case you are about to buy netting and can wait a little while.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
hi there magickelly.
id be well up for getting my hands on 1 or 2 nets for my hammock if it was possible. this is a great idea to try and have a bulk buy. well done, even if its just for trying!! :D

regards
james

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Received both hammocks today.
Thanks for all the trouble John , You're a star

The possibility of the eco type midgie net sounds splendid if pyramid are up for it.

cheers :beerchug:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
John,

Arived this "am" many thanks for your efforts!!!!!

If you are ever this way out and you need anything dont hessitate to ask

And sorry for the constant pm'ing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE