Third Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Third Hammock Group Buy

Okay I give in. The reserve list for these has now grown to the level where another buy has become almost inevitable. The information is the same as the first post in this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7510

Or this one :rolleyes:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7795

The last time the price worked out at approx £17 including postage and PayPal fees. Because I am not making any money on these the price may fluctuate because of exchange rates, delivery charges etc. The best thing is to work on the principal that the Hammocks will cost between £17 - £19 each. If you expect these figures it should only be good news when the hammocks arrive, hopefully.

Now before anyone confirms anything one of out members WorldExplorer sells hammocks on ebay. See an example here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DD-CAMPING-HAMMOCK-Enclosable-Weighs-just-730g_W0QQitemZ5235586564

A few members have ordered these and seem very happy with them. Nick has offered to sell these to BCUK members for £15 including postage. This is quite a bit cheaper than the group buy ones. I have not personally tried one of Nick’s hammocks so can’t make any comments but I want this offer out in the open before I spend £500 ordering hammocks from Bali. Don’t get me wrong I am happy to do the group buy but I do not want people feeling oblidged to buy one of the group buy hammocks when they would prefer one of Nick’s.

So now that is out of the way here are the provisional names I have so far

2 Wolf Man
? Wildrover
? Povarian
1 CraigM9
2 Scruff
1 Wayland
1 AndyN
1 Pterton
2 Moonraker
1 Shankly
1 Soa_uk
1 Bombadil
1 Innocent Bystander
1 Blankfisherman
? Ogri the Trog

So that is about 17 so far. So if you want one or if your want to change your order from the number above, post a note here. Also can those with a question mark against their quantitiy please confirm what amount they want.

Now there is no guarantee that this third buy will go ahead. I need to order 50 so have to have close to that number interested before I can place an order so don't go buying climbing tape just yet.

lignum vitae

May 5, 2005
kernow
Sounds like a quality item bud, count me in for 1 please. I'll mention it to the lads where i work- possibly ask to order more later if i'm not too late!

MagiKelly

List so far

2 Wolf Man
? Wildrover

? Povarian
1 CraigM9
2 Scruff
1 Wayland
1 AndyN
1 Pterton
2 Moonraker
1 Shankly
1 Soa_uk
1 Bombadil
1 Innocent Bystander
1 Blankfisherman
? Ogri the Trog
1 lignum vitae
1 Roy's Badger
1 stevo
1 big lizard

22 ish so far.

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
I'll take one........quite new to this forum, can I see a picture of one, or get some details on them?

Cheers,

MagiKelly

Have a look through the threads listed in the first post of this thread. The information is there and the first post of the first thread has pictures of a similar hammock. The colours are slightly different but the construction is the same.

The thing to remember is that you only get the hammock with the hanging hooks, you need to get rope or climbing tape yourself. The length of the Hammock is 2.82m and 2m wide which is very close to the dimentions of the Ray Mears Ecosystem.

I keep expecting a flood of pictures from those that have bought these, after all there is about 90 out there amongst the membership but like me they must have not got round to taking pictures yet. Actually I have a lot of pictures of my hammock set up but they are almost all of the paradise hammock shown in the thread above. I will try to dig some out and post them.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I've posted a picture of my hammock for two reasons....1) so people can see what the hammocks that John is getting looks like and 2) so i can have some constructive critisium about how i have put it up as I'm pretty sure i must have gone wrong somewhere :D

Should it be flatter? Do i need it tighter? Trees further apart? I've never seen any other people using hammocks so am very much going by guess work.

hammock2.jpg

MagiKelly

List so far

2 Wolf Man
2 Wildrover

? Povarian
1 CraigM9
2 Scruff
1 Wayland
2 AndyN
1 Pterton
2 Moonraker
1 Shankly
1 Soa_uk
1 Bombadil
1 Innocent Bystander
1 Blankfisherman
? Ogri the Trog
3 lignum vitae
1 Roy's Badger
1 stevo
1 big lizard
1 clipper

27 ish so far. About half way. I am willing to take about 5 for myself as I can always give them away as Christmas Presents and also I am sure that if we do get enough for a third order there are bound to be a few people looking for hammocks after the fact.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE