Thing 1 and Thing 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Thing 1,
Edged tools. Two questions.Question 1 is, how do you know when you have enough bushcraft blades. It seems to me that we all start off with one, possibly a Mora ( which I have a couple and think they are the best thing ever.) Then we read some more and get more ambitious and buy more knives. Question 2 is, Who has the most knives (bushcraft or other) . I have more than I need but each one seems to have a different purpose.
Thing 2.
I have just received ( now you see where I'm coming from) an Ontario RAT-3 knife. A small knife 3.5" Blade (aprox) D2 steel, lightweight and compact.
Review on Outdoors-Magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=210 bought from www.soonestaterknives.com/ontarioknives.htm (good price and very prompt service) and made in collaboration with www.ontariorat.com . First impressions very good. It is not always easy for us to carry our favourite knife with us but we feel a little naked with nothing at our side to help us along should the need arise this maybe one of the answers. I am very impressed with this offering for the price.
Compact size,good steel easy to live with. Fits in your pocket.
Just another one to collect and use.

Aug 5, 2005
Lore said:
Thing 1,
Question 1 is, how do you know when you have enough bushcraft blades?

You never do, you ALWAYS need one more! :)

I have just received ( now you see where I'm coming from) an Ontario RAT-3 knife. A small knife 3.5" Blade (aprox) D2 steel, lightweight and compact.
Review on Outdoors-Magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=210 bought from www.soonestaterknives.com/ontarioknives.htm (good price and very prompt service) and made in collaboration with www.ontariorat.com . First impressions very good. It is not always easy for us to carry our favourite knife with us but we feel a little naked with nothing at our side to help us along should the need arise this maybe one of the answers. I am very impressed with this offering for the price.
Compact size,good steel easy to live with. Fits in your pocket.
Just another one to collect and use.

Thanks for the review, this one is on my list of "serious look at" knives!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thing 1
Question 1: You can't have enough knives .... Ask Leon-1 :p :D :p
Question 2: Hoodoo will win with ease, if it's got a sharp edge he'll have it or has got one on order. As for kit: Stuart wins - he usually got it before any of us, tested it, found it rubbish, found a newer version - usually titanium (free quote - originaly made by Adi 007). :D :p

Thing 2
Are you sure you don't want to edit your post for safety (knife addiction) reasons?

** Note: I don't intend to upset anyone in the above post! All the above is based on observations made by me, during all those happy hours I spend on this forum :) ;)

leon-1

Thing1.
Question.1. Variation is the spice of life and a little of what you fancy does you good:D
Question2. Hoodoo is a good bet probably followed closely by Schwert as he has a very good collection in his own right. In the UK probaby Sargey as he always seems to be playing with something new and pointed:D

Thing2 .
Quite a nice little knife:)

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hi Lore.
You know human is always looking for something,........dreaming........
so knives are a little of heaven on earth :p for us

Dogface

Jun 16, 2005
Surrey
I've got one of those knives. It's a good knife, strong, sharp, and light. The one thing I would say, 'cause it might not be clear in the photos in the review, is that the handle is fairly thin (from side to side). Occasionally this can get a bit uncomfortable if you've got bigger hands like me. I'm real pleased with the knife, though - it's a good tool. Would've prefered a leather sheath.
Just my thoughts, for what it's worth!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE