Thin soled boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
Does anyone know of any thin soled boots, thin enough to feel the ground but a bit higher and water resistant for stalking.
The ideal would be high, gore-tex, five-fingers but that's just a dream.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I would second the BB boots. I got to look at a pair at the Bushmoot and was impressed. Not too heavy, good, wide shape, grippy looking sole and soft leather. Unfortunately they were not my size :vio:

Another possible option could be the Vivo Barefoot Franklin boot. I've not tried these but have a pair of the shoes with similar soles and can vouch for their comfort and all-round usefulness.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Do you know if the BB's are big in size or should I go with my usual size?

Difficult to say. I tried on the pair I saw at the Moot which were a size nine when I'm normally 10/10.5. They were too small in length but not width. I'm not really sure if I would need 10 or 11 but my best guess would be a 10, so they are probably around normal size. This is something that makes me hesitate to buy shoes online as it is very tricky to get the fit right.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE