thermos cooking!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troyka

Forager
i just came accross this link http://www.thermoscooking.com/
"Cooking food in a thermos beats standing over a stove or worrying about timers or pulling something out of an oven. Even the worst cook should be able to cook food in a thermos – it’s pretty foolproof."

makes me wish i had a thermos... cinnamon oats sound good and would be ready by the time i got to work... or up a hill...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
There are several threads about this, I've posted a few times about using this 'Haybox' cooking method. Search for haybox and you will find lots of info already posted.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
Try using one of the ex-Army Norwegian containers, they're brilliantfor groups. My wedding feast included some Caribbean curried goat, prepared in the morning, and served at 7pm. Beautiful!

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
We've been using a thermos to cook pulses for years. Simply soak the dried pulses overnight, then boil on the stove for 10 mins (to destroy any toxins) before pouring into a flask. Boiled up at breakfast they are ready to eat when we return from work in the evening. Saves loads of fuel and no worries about them boiling over or boiling dry.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Tried cooking penne pasta in it tonight. I normally give it 8 minutes on the stove. Had double that in the flask & still not done so now in a pan on the hob... :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE