thermalite are they any good

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Seen them on evilbay look good can You let me no if they are or if there is some thing better in that price range. sorry there going for 30 pounds cheers J

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
Sorry but do you mean therm-a-rest or stormlite? Just found the evilbay product. They do call it thermalite my apologies.

I haven't used that particular brand but I have used Stormlite and Thermarest. Both have done a good job of insulating me from the cold. They both pack pretty small but I usually have to top them up as the self inflating bit doesn't quite get them how I like them. I have used them on the ground and in a hammock and I wouldn't be without one now.

Joff

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Isn't thermalite just an ultra compact version of the thermarest that are about 50 quid.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
By the looks of it on fleabay they have a load of "THERMALITE" sleeping mats made by highlander - i.e. a direct copy of the thermarest ones we all know and love.

I've never used one myself, but the thermarest ones are excellent!

Agile

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
Just bought the Slim Airic - it's well made, comes with bag, compression straps, repair kit and is very comfortable. Tried it out with my new DD Travel Hammock and it fits perfectly. Can certainly recommend it so far.

Now all I need is some helium to reduce it's weight even further :cool:

Oh, I also bought a titanium spork from the same company for a fiver. It's excessive as far as cost goes (for my humble budget) but it's so lovely. I recommend it to the wealthy and / or those into lightweight hiking (such as myself).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE