The (Wilderness) Gathering???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BrutonW

Jun 16, 2004
Yep I'm going.

Basha for me and a Storm Shield tent for my friend. Not sure what to expect as I couldn't go to last years. Still haven't got my badge tho. Anybody got any ideas for anything that would be useful, or any stupid things that I shouldn't bring?

I'll be with another irritating kevin teenage type for the whole weekend, i'm sure we'll stand out becasuse we wont have a clue whats going on-seriously tho say hi if u're BCUK we don't bite!

Will

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Ed said:
Not going to be able to make this one :-( hope you all have a good time.... Make sure you get some good pics for those of us who can't make it.

Ed

Me neither Ah well theres always next year.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Yep Ill be there with my son and a couple of friends, ill be in a hooped bivvi son is in a pop up bivvi tent, ill have a bcuk badge on my swanni (may not be wearing it if the heat wave ive ordered turns up) and ive got a big TAT of a scorpion on my right arm and an Acubra hat the same as Les Hiddings, grab me for a chat and a bevvi in me bivvi in the evening, looking forward to seeing y all :wave:

Leon

Sep 14, 2003
Lincolnshire
BrutonW said:
Yep I'm going.

Anybody got any ideas for anything that would be useful, or any stupid things that I shouldn't bring?

Will

Useful - Lagavullin 16yrs :super:
Stupid - Bell's :nono:

Looking forward to bumping into you all. Jacky and meself will be the ones without tatoos. :shock:
Traffic permitting, we should be there from Friday afternoon, staying till closing time (old habbits die hard).

allenko

Forager
Sep 24, 2003
Leicestershire
Jack said:
While Jamie and I sit about all weekend taking a well earned rest, drinking tea! :naughty:

I can confirm that I have been witness to the above and they really are past masters of the art. I've never seen two people consume so much tea in such a short space of time, and still crack off enough jokes to have everyone rolling around laughing :eek:):

Thank Kelley for his kettle. :rolmao:

Hi guys, nice meeting you last weekend

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
ESpy said:
I'm toying with the idea of bimbling along for a day, but I probably won't lug the forging kit with me!
Oh I don't see why not ... you don't have to take the Steinway too :eek:):

But if you did .. you could come up with some kind of piston that attached to a stationary bicycle to run the bellows and put Julian in the saddle ;)

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
I was unable to attend last years event and I’m wondering what to take for my sleeping arrangements.
Are most people in tents? Is the camping located in a wood with enough tree’s for hammocks etc?

:)
Den

leon-1

den said:
I was unable to attend last years event and I’m wondering what to take for my sleeping arrangements.
Are most people in tents? Is the camping located in a wood with enough tree’s for hammocks etc?

:)
Den

Den, last time there were people all over, there is woodland, there are clearings in the woods, I think the Majority of people last year were in tents though :)

Zacary

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2004
Hi, I made it down there on Sunday - cool show and a good chance to meet people who up until now were only names to me.

Definately inspired me to go further in search of bushcraft knowledge.

Big thank you to Cindy from the trading post, Gary from Bearclaw, jeremy from Islay birding for your time and for being so approachable when confronted by this dumb Canuk. :You_Rock_

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
I had a really enjoyable weekend, nice to meet up with a few of you, so to Chris, stuart, dan, Jamie, Jack, Gary, thanks very much for your company and conversation. To anyone there I missed,sorry, catch up with you in the future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE