The Walking Dead (season 3)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Started watching this series the other night and it's mixed with enjoyment and frustrated anger at the stupidness of the characters.

Just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this?

The first series was OK by finding its feet and establishing characters and it sorta got better as it went along. The second series didn't go anywhere except at a farm and I was getting pretty annoyed at that and the petty goings on. But this series is following two paths right now (as far as episode 4 shows) and its a lot more gory and pretty violent, which I can cope with, but it's everyone's "I'm going to wander off and not tell anyone where I'm going so I can sulk because you've offended me" attitude I find soooo annoying!

Did the memo about zombies being out there suddenly get lost? :banghead:

And that brat of a cops son, Carl :)cussing:). I swear if the zombies don't get him I will seek him out and find a way to do him in myself for being such a little $#it! Off he wanders without telling anyone and miraculously comes back with a bag of bandages. Ok fine, well done kiddy. But didn't you learn anything from season 2 about wandering off alone and not telling anyone?!!! And just how big is that brat's head anyway that an adult cowboy hat fits him?!!!!

Still can't decide if this a horror show featuring plain stupid characters, or a soap set in a horror themed environment. Maybe if I looked at it as the latter I might not be so annoyed.

As you can see I am venting my spleen here. :goodnight:

Deep breaths

Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum. Om mani padme hum.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm with you Aaron - its passably watchable (mainly praying for the death of Carl and, more importantly, his mother who has to be a nominee for the "useless nagging shrew of the year" award). There are many better series out there to watch though.

Biker

I'll take your word for it Sam. This series is OK, I'm just hoping it gets better.

Point taken Hugh and it'd be easy to post spoilers about this series. I'm trying to avoid that, but I'm with you about Laurie. Hadn't she realised the end of the world had arrived, that should have been her que to stop acting like the proverbial prima donna and start thinking about survival. The jury's out on whether Rick (the cop) is a good character or not. As for the Redneck, he's seems to spend too much time being the tough guy and his bike chaps me off something chronic. "Shhhh don't fire any guns, it draws walkers... meanwhile I'll just fire up my Triumph with the straight through exhausts and rev it..."

And do ANY of them EVER clean their blades after stabbing a zombie in the head BEFORE putting the knife back in the sheath. That'd be a big fat NO!!! then.

Other better series out there? If you've got time I'd be happy to read your recommendations. This year I've nabbed these series off eBay for those cold winter nights TV viewing since I refuse to have satelitte or terresrial channels in my cabin in the woods. Anyway here's what I nabbed

Life on Mars (season 1 & 2)
Ashes to Ashes (Seasons 1 & 2)
Nikita (season 1)
Star trek Next Generation (seasons 1-7)
Star Trek Enterprise (season 1)
Game of Thrones (season 3)
Vikings (season 1)
Rome (season 1 & 2)
Battlestar Galactica (Season 1 - whatever the last one was)
Big Bang Theory (season 1-6)

kaiAnderson

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2013
Liverpool
the series was deliberately more gory, after season 2 they did polls and people wanted more gore. I personally like the human survival aspect more, with zombies being a second story

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I kept trying to get into this, but failed. Watched the first episode twice, and it didnt do it for me.

The Krister Henrikkson Wallanders are excellent TV. Not to everyones taste though.
The Sopranos, was top notch TV. They were Evil :tapedshut

The 10 episodes of this seasons GOT seemed to fly by.

I havent seen Rome yet. Keep meaning to watch that.

Deadwood was pretty good TV

Oh, and I liked Rev as well. Although, they ran out of ideas, like every TV series does, so it became more drama-comedy, than comedy-drama

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
One suggestion that may suit your viewing needs given your name is sons of anarchy, it's a series about a Californian biker club but Harley only, like hells angels!
I like my Harley's and really like the program

Biker

I saw a couple of episode of Sons of Anchovy whilst in the UK, have to say it didn't float my boat. Perhaps I need to be a hardcore biker like those in the series?

I just chose the name Biker about 15 years ago as my internet pseudonym and it's stuck. Still got the bike too but the carb's on the kwak need sorting so I'll be out on it soon. Just a bit hard going to work as a carpenter and carrying all the tools and wood to the job.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'll take your word for it Sam. This series is OK, I'm just hoping it gets better.

Point taken Hugh and it'd be easy to post spoilers about this series. I'm trying to avoid that, but I'm with you about Laurie. Hadn't she realised the end of the world had arrived, that should have been her que to stop acting like the proverbial prima donna and start thinking about survival. The jury's out on whether Rick (the cop) is a good character or not. As for the Redneck, he's seems to spend too much time being the tough guy and his bike chaps me off something chronic. "Shhhh don't fire any guns, it draws walkers... meanwhile I'll just fire up my Triumph with the straight through exhausts and rev it..."

And do ANY of them EVER clean their blades after stabbing a zombie in the head BEFORE putting the knife back in the sheath. That'd be a big fat NO!!! then.

Other better series out there? If you've got time I'd be happy to read your recommendations. This year I've nabbed these series off eBay for those cold winter nights TV viewing since I refuse to have satelitte or terresrial channels in my cabin in the woods. Anyway here's what I nabbed

Life on Mars (season 1 & 2)
Ashes to Ashes (Seasons 1 & 2)
Nikita (season 1)
Star trek Next Generation (seasons 1-7)
Star Trek Enterprise (season 1)
Game of Thrones (season 3)
Vikings (season 1)
Rome (season 1 & 2)
Battlestar Galactica (Season 1 - whatever the last one was)
Big Bang Theory (season 1-6)

Vikings season 2
Hannibal seasons 1 and 2
Justified
Orange is the new black
Brooklyn 99
Bluestone 42
The Twilight Zone (original series)
Walking Dead s4

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I'm not allowed to watch Walking Dead anymore, apparently the repeated frustrated shouts of "close the bloody door!" get a little annoying after a while.

Some good suggestions for TV series so far in this thread, I'd agree with BR,"Justified" is great, Walton Goggins plays one of the best good guy/bad guy characters that I've seen for ages. Elementary's worth a watch too, I like Johnny Lee Miller as Sherlock, and I like Lucy Lui as.......well........anything really :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE