THE VERY BEST IN ALL TERRAIN TRAVEL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Sculling silently in my skiff, sneaking up on the ducks, looking out for the mink and terrapin, ducking the heron as it glides into land, or even Shackletoning through a snowstorm (which looks weird from low down on a river)

Doesn't get any better than that

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Wayne said:
Quietly paddling in my sea kayak comes close. At one with the ocean and you can get really close to the wildlife.

Hmmm, not sure that qualifies as 'All Terrain' but still fun I'm sure

Cheers

Mark

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Now I want a Maximog!

Dear Santa,
I bin a very good boy...

The car in front......BUMP!!!
was a Toyota! :clap: :clap:

Dave

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
when my brother was at leeds festival He had a unimog next to him. the peope didn't pitch a tent on the ground, they put a caravan on the back of their "car" as it was a steep slope they used the hydrolic rams to make it level. they also gave him a hand getting his car out of the mud

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

Canoe... mmm... :nana: :biggthump The thing being able just to jump in the water if it's hot is super. It's more expensive if you rent it/them but also a much better nature experience IMO. :D

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Shanks's pony, absolutely.

An Alvis Stalwart would have been my dream machine, but the gov't changed the rules, and it's now 2" too wide to be driven on the road.

Maybe I could get a Tatra 6×6...

I'll probably settle for another Landie, or maybe a Plushmobile.

Keith.

S

SleepyWeasel

The good old LPC Mk1, this will get you everywhere you want to go, made by people, for other people(Leather Personnel Carriers!- boots!)
Personaly, I use a Landy to get me to places, then I park up and use my LPC to get me to the places the tourists don't even know exist.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
What a selection of wimpy vehicles!
This baby is up for sale:
http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/T72/T72-yardlargeweb2.gif

Engine V46 V12 diesel
Engine power 840 BHP
Length 9240 mm
Width 3600 mm
Height 2370 mm
Weight Combat 44500kg
Gun 1 x125mm, 1 x 7.62mm MG 1 x 12.7mm MG
Max speed 80km/hour (road)
Gradient 60%
It's camoflaged too... just right for deer-stalking :rolmao:

Plus I expect it'd have little trouble with the kill :rolmao:

Seriously though, I'll be buying a Defender very shortly... can't wait!

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
In a real contest of the ultimate off road vehicle, you couldn't beat a Hagglund BV206. It puts less than half the pressure on the ground than a man, so it goes happily over soft snow. It is fully amphibious and can cross bodies of water as wide as the petrol tank will give it range to. It can climb a 60 degree incline, 60 degree as in more than 45! It can carry over four tons of load while doing all this or seat 20 odd people.
My future car. :super:

D

digbum

This might be considered cheating but it has to be said that these things are built to travel over some incredibly rough terrain. :roll:

Iv seen drivers operating the foot pedals with their hands as they stand on the inside of the 'windshield' and push the body of the machine up an 80 degree incline with that huge arm.

http://news.thomasnet.com/images/large/2002/05/9616.jpg

They get big too - some weigh upwards of 100 tonnes, and you could probably park your landrover in the bucket of one of those.

On the upside - Dig your own tank trap
On the downside - top speed of about 7mph and mpg is awful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE