THE VERY BEST IN ALL TERRAIN TRAVEL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
I'm with artic hobo, give me a hagglund thats the ultimate off road survival rig, anywhere you want to go , anytime you want to get there, anyplace,any season.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
The pizgauer is currantley in use with the British army , and the Swedish have used them since the seventies i belive . they look like a wicked off roader .
http://www.pinzgauer.uk.com/
this company have the maufacture contract in the uk
http://www.buypinzgauer.com/
and these guys have some video footage of the Swedish ones in action
They look well cool , and thats from a landy lover !
Pumbaa

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
What about flying?

Harrier or helecopter for VTOL ability, now they're things that really can go anywhere. I mean if you want to spend a fair bit on some ex MOD kit wait till they sell a few harrier G5s off. Shouldn't cost much the Vulcans went for about £5,000 each for scrap value and they weighed alot more.

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Raz said:

What a fantastic bit of kit. Makes my Land Rover and tent seem completely inadequate.....

I don't think I'd enjoy owning a Maximog. I'd feel very decadent looking at the third world from the air conditioned comfort of such an extravagant truck. In fact, I'd feel pretty decadent driving one in the UK - a standard agri-spec Unimog would costs more than my house, goodness knows how many pounds a Maximog and trailer weighs in at. I'm only jealous because I can't afford one...... :eek:

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
PEDRO said:
LEGS....THE VERY BEST FORM OV TRAVEL.... :idea:
Ever slid down a snowy mountainside on an offcut of Lino? Great fun 'till you realise you can't steer. Then you realise you can't stop. Then you realise that the scenery is surprisingly hard, no matter how delicate it looks under a dusting of snow. :eek: Still more smiles per mile than anything else I've tried though :D

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Yup Hafflingers are the ultimate off road vehicle ! With a serious set of tyres (preferably off a dumper truck) they will go virtually anywhere, and when they get stuck, you just pick em up and shift them.
The Pinzgauer is like its big brother, and ideal for a camper conversion IMO.
Then the big daddy the Unimog - but I certainly wouldn't want to try and fix one if it broke !
Missing from this list is of course the Russian Zil truck - absolutely fantastic bit of indestructible kit check out
http://www.russiantruck.co.uk/film_clips.html
available on ebay as ever.....
I watched Ewan McGregor and Charlie Waite doing "the long way around" motorbiking around the world. They used BMW touring bikes -top kit as KTM blew them out (fools). But still ended up crossing the Siberian rivers in the back of the Zil trucks.

Cheers
Rich

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Glad to see I'm not the only bushcraftuk member with a diff lock fetish :) A local tree surgeon once to offered swap his ex Italian army Iveco 4x4 truck for my old Defender Hi Cap. I can pretend I need a Landy, but I can't really justify a lorry on the driveway :(

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
the bowler wildcat is the way to go! i love my legs, if i had the room i'd have a horse, the VFR is fun and my puffin lkayak is superb. but i had the money and wanted the ultimate transport, it'd be a wild cat!

J

Jamie

how about this 'little' puppy that jack and i saw at the shot show in vegas???? cant remember the name, but it was a beast!!

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE