The Unbelievers...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
Recently bought a 'Staffie' billhook from Jack.
I put an edge on it that's as good as on any of my collection of knives recently and my disbelieving son (Alec) decided to test the edge by attempting to shave one side of a very hairy calf.
He's going to Gran Canaria on Saturday with half a bald leg. He's not a happy bunny.
Smartarse, that'll teach him... :eek:):

p.s. can't recommend this bit of kit enough :super:

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Billhooks rock.

I got a Newton hook and since then my SFA is all but redundant.

The billhook is the traditional British woodsman's tool, and so better evolved for our woods I feel. Sneding is a doddle and so much safet with it. You can split with it, de-bark with it, dig with it and it is a lot easier to carry. Mine can carried in the leg pocket of my combat pants (blade covered of course) with about 4" ofthe handle sticking out.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Remember there are alot of naff mass produced billhooks out there that wont take a keen edge, or if they do, wont hold it for long. Always make sure you source your hook from a foundry that knows what its doing, correct steel, tempering etc...

I think Jack said there are only a couple of foundries left in the UK still making 'good' hooks.... he sources his from one of them ;-)

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE