The Svord Peasant mini re handled by a peasant.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
My first attempt at shaping wood since school which was..err..a while ago. Tools used were a Tinker SAK, sand paper, Ronson worktop oil, and a slice of Fuel vacuum line from my bikes carbs as a spacer on the rear screw. The wood is American Black Oak.

SAM_0997_zps9fe5666b.jpg

SAM_0996_zps2925c81c.jpg

SAM_1018_zpscd51dcb3.jpg

SAM_0977_zps8d7269f9.jpg

I'm pretty chuffed with it and I've learned a few things along the way. I think it looks old which suits the blade.

Cheers.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm already thinking about what's next.

good job mate, I like the new handle profile! how does it fit the hand?

I like it mate. It fits nicely in my grubby mitt making it feel like a much bigger knife without actually being much bigger, if ya get me.
Initially I was going to do the bottom end same size as the top but that might have felt much bigger in the pocket.

In the end I took too much of the bottom ending up with about 1/2 mm of tip protruding from the handle when folded.

Lesson of the day: Taking wood off is easier than putting it back on. :yikes:

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Nice one save, I'm in the process of doing the same thing myself! I hope mine turns out half as well as yours, good to meet you last weekend too and hope your on the mend!

Hamster

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Nice one save, I'm in the process of doing the same thing myself! I hope mine turns out half as well as yours, good to meet you last weekend too and hope your on the mend!

Hamster

Mate this wood would look great in your Peasant's sheath. It's American Black walnut, not oak as I first thought.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE