The Stuff Sack Re Imagined by Kifaru

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I’ve just received a pair of the stuff sacks from Kifaru – one for the bag and a large for compressing clothes. Impressed? Just a little bit!
P1000578.JPG

The design has to be one of the neatest re-imaginings yet; I’ve always found the ‘giant grapefruit’ shape of traditional compression straps to be an awkward shape to pack Kifaru’s ‘copa de sleeping bag’ is a vast improvement.

As ever with Kifaru not cheap, but they really are a fantastic bit of kit.
SBW

Of all the terrific and innovative stuff Kifaru offers, this is among the best.

My only critigue of it is that I wish they offered it with different coloured cords to help identify different contents.

And whether a conventional stuff sack could get it smaller is kind of irrelevant when the end result is a bowling ball that makes packing anything else around it really difficult.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

And whether a conventional stuff sack could get it smaller is kind of irrelevant when the end result is a bowling ball that makes packing anything else around it really difficult.

But long thin storage bags are nothing new so why is this so special ? I'm genuinely interested in this rather than just trying to have an argument btw :) I used to do away with stuff sacks and ram my sleeping bag in the bottom of my pack loose and then squash it down with everything else, now I use longer silnylon bags which form to the shape you need rather than the big lump you mentioned.

Where is the closure on this bag, is it still open ended ?

Rich

I'm showing my ignorance here: I've only ever had the grapefruit-izing compression straps, the first I'd heard of silnylon bags was when you mentioned them.

The 'hole end' draw closes shut in the conventional way, abet using the same clasps as the compression cords

I too gave up on compression straps and just stuffed the bag into my sack but I found it less than perfect either when unpacking in the rain or in a small tent.

Mystery Ranch do a set of bags that have compression straps built in but they're more a pack alternative to use as 'load cells' on a frame so they're overkill for packing stuff inside a pack. Hence my delight when I found these.

SBW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE