The Smoke of Creation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The picture as taken was fairly close to what you see here.

The techniques used were just to improve the contrast a bit but most of all to combat the "noise" which is always present in such night shots.

Some would say the noise is quite appropriate, as much of it the static hiss left over from the Big Bang but I prefer my images a bit smoother. :news:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
The picture as taken was fairly close to what you see here.

The techniques used were just to improve the contrast a bit but most of all to combat the "noise" which is always present in such night shots.

Some would say the noise is quite appropriate, as much of it the static hiss left over from the Big Bang but I prefer my images a bit smoother. :news:

I'm a big fan of your photography and am curious:

Does that image reflect exactly what you saw or is it enhanced beyond the resolution of the human eye?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I had been out for a while so my eyes were pretty well adapted.

I could make out the Milky Way and see it's position which led to the composition but the camera is much more sensitive than my old eyes so I didn't quite know what I had until looking at the captured image.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE