The Roadkill Chef

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Excellent! I had a half bottle of sloe gin left from the last Scottish meet. My wife has steadfastly refused to try it. She sees him making some with a bunch of women and says "Go and get me some". She's on her fourth glass right now. Another convert!

I was really impressed by his style and enthusiasm.

Eric

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I only wish it had had the same effect on my other half, Eric. (Mind you , he's used to sloe gin).

I had half expected to hate the programme, but warmed to Fergus's enthusiasm. So it didn't take me anywhere I haven't already been, but it was nice seeing him do his stuff.

I am curious what other people's take is on the roadkill issue though.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
I've been eating roadkill, mostly pheasants, partridge, deer and pigeons for years and never once got ill.
I have tried squirrel (or flightless partridge as they call it in the restaurant trade) and a few other strange animals but badger is a one i haven't tried.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I personally found it a bit of a let down :( . I was hoping to see the badger eaten and the press hype indicated fox as well but he ended up with pheasant and rabbit. The cynic in me would dare to say that the roadkill specimens were not served up to the general public either aside from the risk of food poisioning and subsequent law suits filed I would say given the number of people in the restaurant they would have had to have been very small meals ;) . On the positive side I found his enthusiasm contagious and if it encourages people to ditch the fast frozen rubbish then that can only be good. Maybe next week he could cook Jamie Oliver :D

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
There was a two page interview with Fergus Drennen in Kent on Sunday newspaper this weekend
He said he'd tried to argue against the 'Roadkill Chef' nametag but was over-ruled to grab the attention of the youf culture they were trying to attract

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE