The "Red Hunters Axe" by Cegga - second group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay one and all - I've just received word from Cegga. The next batch are finished

For anyone who hasn't seen these axes, they are a new design - with me doing the easy bit (dreaming what I wanted) and Cegga doing all the hard work of making it.

The haft is 40cm in length.

Total weight is 650g and the bit is 7.5cm across.

Have a look

373541014_53cb3b0ab0.jpg

373541022_8210c7e532.jpg

373541017_045301ae25.jpg

373541019_8b19e031db.jpg

The axe is a light and very portable model - much smaller than a GB small forest or Wetterling large hunter making very portable but still, in my view, large enough for some serious work which I found my mini axe to struggle with.

I must credit the exponents of light, polished head (notably Old Jimbo) for informing the design choices - it really does make a difference.

Cegga is happy to offer these at the same price as the last batch as there were so many disappointed people.

There are conditions of sale though (nothing too onerous)

Condition 1.
If you get a customs charge or import duty, you will need to sort that out yourself (I didn't but you might)

Condition 2
This is a PayPal sale - there is no other way this can work due to currencies involved etc. You will need to include your BCUK screen name, real name and shipping address with the payment

If the design is faulty - blame me
Fit, finish, grind, temper, forging standards - blame Cegga ;) (mine is flawless)

There are some great reviews of the axe on this forum – feel free to search for them

Okay so the price for this batch including the axe, mask, shipping and paypal.

£40 to your door.

This time there are 9 of the normal size and one “mini” size one (there are more in the picture but the others are sold)

Heres a picture including the “mini”

458062392_b95872a37a_o.jpg

The first 10 people to post as replies to this thread get them.

Please indicate if you want a normal one or the “mini” (there’s only one mini and it’s the same price – first come – first served)

I'll PM the PayPal details to the lucky 10 winners so please make sure you have PM space available.

As I have said before for simplicity and sanity, its easier only to put up for sale what’s ready to ship, so I can pop more on here as they are available so don’t worry if you miss this batch

Best of luck all

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll assume thats a "normal size one"

LudlowSurvivors (1 normal)

8 normal and 1 mini left.......

Gailainne

Life Member
I don't believe it ! these have been up for half an hour and only one has sold !!, you guys are nuts I have bought one of the original ten, won a second in an auction, sold the first in another auction, and when I see these lined up, Still lusted after another !

Amazed

Stephen

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Would love to have a play with that diddy one......Cannot justify buying it though....
Cannot reccomend these axes highly enough, very well made and highly useful...

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I would have one but i got a GB SFA only last week as my first quality axe and finances wont allow for another no matter how much i want one :( . What with me only just (2 weeks ago) getting 2 knives from Singeblister. Story of my life :lmao:

S

shaunmcdonald

As i was going to buy a GB small forest axe very soon i think i would like one of these instead please. A Normal sized one for me.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
FGYT (1 normal)
Chas Brookes (1 normal)
Dai (1 normal)

5 normal and 1 mini left.......

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FGYT (1 normal)
Chas Brookes (1 normal)
Dai (1 normal)
shaunmcdonald (1 normal)
Mr_Rimps (1 normal)
Huon (1 normal)

Just 2 normal and 1 mini left.......

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Andy

FGYT (1 normal)
Chas Brookes (1 normal)
Dai (1 normal)
shaunmcdonald (1 normal)
Mr_Rimps (1 normal)
Huon (1 normal)
TiminWales (1 normal)

1 normal and 1 mini left.......

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE