The Professionals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
I had the annual :)

shame he never made it. only spare parts and that codename wild goose movie which I've never seen since it came out. I think he did himself into a corner though. probably why martin shaw refused to let them repeat it till he had another career on the go.

gordon jackson could have done with the money as well.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A little thread revival just to note that I heard that Lewis Collins died of the big C yesterday :(

RIP Bodie

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Heard Lewis Collins had passed away yesterday, sad news indeed. My fav professionals was the one where the bad guys had built a bunker on a roof top opposite a hospital i think, and equipped themselves with a g.p.m.g and some slr's,second was the one were the bad guy had rigged himself up to a chemical weapon in a public park. Professionals,Minder and Starsky and Hutch watched them all as a kid.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Heard Lewis Collins had passed away yesterday, sad news indeed. My fav professionals was the one where the bad guys had built a bunker on a roof top opposite a hospital i think, and equipped themselves with a g.p.m.g and some slr's,second was the one were the bad guy had rigged himself up to a chemical weapon in a public park. Professionals,Minder and Starsky and Hutch watched them all as a kid.

Another Professionals line went:

Arrested criminal: You guys aren't cops!
Bodie: No. We're worse. Much worse.

Yep. we'll miss Lewis Collins.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Haven't heard much of him since "Who cares who wins" but still get to see him in the re-runs of the Professionals, no doubt there will be even more for a while on some dark and distant channel away from the ITV channels as IIRC Martin Shaw didn't like the re-runs as he wanted to distance himself from that particular role.

Might treat myself to a new copy of Who dares wins, should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

RIP Lewis Collins.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Lewis was (and probably is) a more than fair pistol shot as it happens - I remember having a lane next to him once and being ready to laugh - and then not laughing at all - he was very good!

Red
He qualified for entry into SAS reserve - rejected because he was too 'famous'. So not just capable with a gun but a proper fit hardman as well.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Also worked as a hairdresser and was once considered for the film role of James Bond. The Guardian was very quick off the mark with an admiring obituary, which casts all those tofu-eating 'new man' journalists of theirs in a slightly different light.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
He also turned down an audition as a replacement drummer for Pete Best. He thought he could make better money as a hairdresser - so Ringo Starr got the job :)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
Sad news, I've been trying to dig out my VHS copy of Who Dares Wins but can't find it
hopefully they might put the film on again
RIP bodie regards dave

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not great quality but will keep you going

[video=youtube;_TEc7bPdrnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TEc7bPdrnI[/video]

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
A bit childish i know, but most of today have been humming du du du du, du du du , du dud dud dud dudu!

Was superceded in later years by humming the A team theme, which i an ashamed of in comparison.

Ivan...

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches

Foxhole on the roof... There is a youtube video but with talk over from the writer.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Not sure he would have been a good Bond... he could have done the thuggery convincingly but maybe not the suaveness. He would have made a fantastic Callan, had it been made a bit later. Had they made a proper job of televising the Anthony Price books (rather than that rather shoddy ITV 'Chessgame' effort), he would also have been a superb Colonel Butler.

They really ought to do the Price books properly. I'd put Alan Rickman down for Audley, and Daniel Radcliffe for Roskill.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I reckon he could have pulled it off - lets face it Martin Shaw didn't sound like a plummy luvvy in the professionals :)

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I reckon he could have pulled it off - lets face it Martin Shaw didn't sound like a plummy luvvy in the professionals :)

My wife reckons Shaw is one of the least-acknowledged comedy actors in the country. She's a Barrister and watches 'Judge John Deed' whilst hooting with laughter and repeating 'He'd be thrown off the bench for that' every five minutes or so.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE