THE OUTDOOR ADVENTURE SHOW

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
many thanks to all those who came to see us at the outdoors show :-D

Thakyou to womble, Chris, Celtic Dragon, Jack, roving rich and Jamie who gave up their time to help us run the stand (without being asked, they just turned up and wouldnt leave :lol: )

Thank also to Chris and Ivan who Not only spent all sunday with us and would leave but also helped dismantle the stand, pack it all away and carry it it down several flights of stairs :shock:

A very special thanks to Dave and feathers who spent the whole 3 days with us and gave talks in the theater on bushcraft which attracted more spectators than any of the other talks (they ran out of seating space)
especially when they demonstrated bowdrill fires

and much to the dismay of the show organisers feathers spent most of the show teaching small children to make fire by friction :lol:

The show was exhusting and i'm now off to sleep, see you all at the outdoor show at the brimingham NEC in a few mounths time

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
It was indeed a good show, even if all I gave was moral support. but it was good talking to like minded people all day and watching the video of the knives being made.

I like these events as it allows faces to be put with keyboards, I have some pics to go up tonight, no Stuart I havn't forgoten about your rope crossing escepades. :twisted: :twisted:

Once again well done to BCUK et all for getting the tickets.

Simon

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Many thanks to Stuart and Cindy, Dave and "Feathers" (Alex? I am awful with names :roll: ) for making the show so much fun! I am really sorry I missed everyone on Saturday, especially the fire drill demos.

I have made notes in my diary to be at the NEC in April, can hardly wait!

By the way, if any of you with hairy arms come to the NEC, wear long sleeves!! Stuart has a tendency to harvest people's fur :lol:

Thanks again for putting in all that hard work!!! You made the show! :biggthump :You_Rock_

Chris

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Heres my pics from Friday

Stuart1.jpg

Who's this monkey???

Stuart2.jpg

He's going!!!

Dave%20and%20Feathers.jpg

Dave and Feathers before the talk

after%20talk.jpg

Dave and Feathers after the talk

The%20stand.jpg

The stand Stuart with a customer, Cindy's hiding somewhere!!!!

Simon

Thanks Stuart for pointing myself and Simon to this Forum (hes still waiting for the wolverine i had to pay for to arrrive :roll: )

you and the Wilderness Guys (aka Dave and Feathers) Made the show worth the trek to London Most of the rest confirmed my views from many years ago on the quality and type of stuff peddled as outdoor kit to hapless bods trying to escape the Rat race for a while (but only with all the creature comforts of modern living :yikes: )

BTW I went back to see a the guy on the Dive T shirt Stand Who was selling Knives of all types folders to filleters to the public to take away Said he haddent been told of the No Handing over Evil pointy things Rule But his company wasn't called 'Summit Knives' and he haddent told them spesifically he was selling them. That said they where openly diisplayed on the front of his stand all week and no complaints etc

ATB

Duncan

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Hello good to see you made it here

I had a chat with Marcus at markat (the diving stand) he bought some firesteels off us

he told me that the show organsiers had come around at the end of the show and requsested that he didnt display the knives at the show unless they were in a cabinate, but he was'nt told he couldnt sell them at the show

where as we were under sticted orders that we could not give knives to coustomers at the show and they had to be mailed out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE