The Mayhem Meet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right folks! This one was going to be under the radar, but after consultation and board meetings, we have decided to open it up.

So anyone who fancies a short break in the woods on Dartmoor, is welcome to come along, for all or part of the fun.

Starting Thursday 2nd May - Finishing Monday 6th May.

Location, same as the big one, with the possibilty of a couple of other sites.

Ivan...

As usual any questions/queries welcome.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
yeeehaaa, the jolly boys ride again! I think I'm gonna bring the blue meanie for a trip to Dartmoor so we can ride around like proper dung kickers again...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Looks like the usual suspects will be in town so I guess I can't disappoint!
I'll even bring the token woodland tramp too as long as he doesn't nick more of my gear.

Mr.Webster sir, I shall be returning your cacacacooon (damn stammer of mine) in good un-used condition (but that's another story).
If Big Al is making an appearance I have a nice titanium pressie for him too along with a nice new camp chair for the green man.
Am I in a generous mood or what?

Let's PARTY!

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Not that generous it would seem, everyone else gets pressies and I just get my own belongings returned! Looking forward to seeing you and the missus

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Guess whos chair he is returning?
My flight arrangements were only messed up by the airline, unlike some. Ooops, I've said too much :tapedshut:rofl:

All things being equal I'll be there for this meet. I do hope we manage to wander to some other sites for this one.

GM

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Guess whos chair he is returning?
My flight arrangements were only messed up by the airline, unlike some. Ooops, I've said too much :tapedshut:rofl:

All things being equal I'll be there for this meet. I do hope we manage to wander to some other sites for this one.

GM

Between you and Ivan im sure there isnt a spot on dartmoor that you dont know of, im in your hands. I'll pack light for an excursion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I've been tainted by the Scottish influence in my life and am now far too tight to give things away, merely reuniting people with their property old boy.
Apart from Mr. W, the rest appear to be suffering early onset Alzheimer's and keep leaving gear all over the place.
And they rib me for losing my wallet in the woods! Geeez.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Come along now chaps, we are all in various stages of dementia, my memory is very selective now i have reached maturity, as we all know the Green Man is the oldest Bushcrafter in the world! So don't worry, Richie if he embraces you as if you have given him a new chair.

We have got some numbers from the Dartmoor Bushcraft area on Facebook, put their names down, i will form a list of attendees when i know who's coming.

Where we exactly camp is a bit dependant on numbers, because some of my permissions are only for 6 ish, so i think the best thing to do, initially is to meet at Andy's woods, as we will be arriving at different times of the day and night, and make a group decision from there, i will have a tent big enough for about 8 to sleep in on the first night, so as you don't have to set up twice, if we decide upon a different location.

Some of where we go will be weather dependant, also one place i have in mind might be ideal if Lord Webster, does bring the blue meanie, as he can ferry the important/heavy items to the site for us(thanks in advance Paul) (fairy glen) for instance.

Anyway we will work it out to suit everyone as always.

Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
As always, really looking forward to this and seeing you guys again. Great times, great food, great mates and if we could have some great weather...we'd have it all.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
WHOO HOO! whoops i did it again! I have negotiated a new permission, of course it took all of my charm and diplomacy, although since the charisma bypass, it has been more difficult.

Anyway, had a good old wander in there this morning, and it has great potential, nobody has set foot in the wood for 16 years! So as you can imagine it is a liittle overgrown, but we have come to an agreement that in exchange for some clearing work (loads of firewood) and a little drainage, we can have several free meets there, so i propose if enough interest, that this meet may be partly about just that, for those willing.

Any questions etc, as always just ask.

"You can never have enough permissions" Ivan... 2013.

Oh yeah, took her up to Andy's wood to show her what we are all about,and she liked what she saw and heard.

Thoughts please guys, a couple of hours work and we could create a space for the parachute/firepit area.

5 wyches 001.jpg 5 wyches 002.jpg 5 wyches 003.jpg

5 wyches 004.jpg 5 wyches 005.jpg 5 wyches 006.jpg

5 wyches 007.jpg 5 wyches 008.jpg 5 wyches 009.jpg

5 wyches 010.jpg 5 wyches 011.jpg 5 wyches 012.jpg

5 wyches 013.jpg

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi Ivan,

Hope you and all the attending peeps have a jolly old time, i am commited elsewhere and my doctor won't change her mind but all the very best for your shindig and look forward to the photos.

Kindest regards,

RTh

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks RTh, much appreciated, we are a very friendly bunch from all over the country and with very different backgrounds, jobs,lives etc etc, but in the last 4 years we have formed a brilliant network of like minded souls(cliche)

Anyone is more than welcome to join us, you would be made to feel very comfortable, and hopefully one day in the not too distant future, you will get the oppurtunity to do so.

Regards.

Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
You silver haired, silver tongued old devil you. Did my eyes deceive me or is that a proper toilet shed?!? Looks awesome, im up for putting some hours in there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thankyou Mr Webster, that is the nicest toilet facilty i have ever seen, it's full composting aswell, they just move it along on a sledge, over a new hole, dug by machine and its within 50 metres of the wood! Even comes with a huge bucket of shavings, toilet paper even a vase of flowers!

Mains water same distance, really safe off road parking, the use of two camping fields, one neatly mown, the other private and wild, really peaceful location, even the use of a 4 berth touring caravan, for those inclined, a real find.

I went back up today to have another gander, will post more pics when Alison gets home from work.

Now the best bit! It only joins right onto a small wood, that we are aloud to camp in too! How jammy am i ? Small numbers, up to 6 "And we will see how it goes" Said the farmer, oh and £5.00 per night, still lovely little spot.

It's been a good day, watch somebody try a frig it up!

Ivan...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
as usual ivan put me down for the above as you know i love to visit my mates in dartmoor regards dave

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I have a certain gentleman (use the term loosely) of the scttish persuasion, who finds himself in the parish on Friday, and we are going to check out the new site, have a little fire,bite to eat,no doubt a walk and evidently a spot of fishing.

I will report back with photographic evidence of our soiree, if anyone else is at a loss next weekend 26th-29th April, they are more than welcome to join us just shout.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE