The Knowledge and The Fenix!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
bc500818c0624daf41a38c79d7461c6c.jpg

Slipped through the post yesterday! The book is quite an interesting read so far; more geared towards 'preppers' I suppose but good at explaining areas most people wouldn't think about for a future after an event.
My first venture into Fenix; so far it's on par to led lenser but excellent on weight and size.

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Anyone else have a fenix ld22? Seems to be good and haven't found any shortcomings yet...

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not tried the LD22 but do run three LD25s which are pretty similar (running on 2 x AA batteries around 200 lumens). Guess how well I like them given that we have three? :)

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Quite interesting to be fair TD, not a book about prepping or zombies or bunkers but how to reboot society; a society which has collectively forgotten how to get the essentials. Only read a few chapters but think along the lines of pre industrial and pioneer living and you're on the right track. Smelting, water wheels, basic chemistry, printing - how things we see in museums work and how this knowledge is lost in the mainstream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
The torch is proving quite capable; the best bit is it uses 'proper' batteries and not CR whatever's meaning an extra purchase! It's quite light for a handheld in weight - I like it so far, just need to prove it I suppose...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE