the jolly green boys beach meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all ivan arranged a beach meet for last weekend 13th to the 15th hear are some pics
1z3qd0w.jpg

the view
10ynx1z.jpg

ivan at his best and called and richard in the canoe and the camp
33fg6kh.jpg

a couple more of the views
i arrived friday morning the weather wasn't bad and while we sat on the beach having a brew when a young lad called callen said hi and joined us for an overnighter said he had been camping for the last month and was on his way to plymouth nice lad head well screwed on
f35d8h.jpg

the jolly green boys me steve richard alistair ivan paul

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
A few more nice pics there Dave , great do really enjoyed it , will announce something very soon , after the Moot , you never know might be having an Indian summer again !

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all some moe pics i hope
2po8dn7.jpg

ivan and alison on aware occasion out of the tent
156908n.jpg

a picture of all of us
20pwt4h.jpg

this is steve trying to get over the surf
73l106.jpg

this is pauls setup away from the madding crowds
28qus89.jpg

called having a go at catching fish
bg9t8y.jpg

a nice little group shot
j7xiz6.jpg

a nice view
296koyv.jpg

a beautiful sunset
2cruc5y.jpg

a vary rare shot of glow worms
2c0ger.jpg

group shot
2gsmzco.jpg

richard with one of his canoes with callen in it he was taking callen to the other side to continue his journey
enjoy the pics

Last edited:

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Nice one Steve. Good article, I don't know how he managed to mention the Shoshone without mentioning the Jolly Boys in the same breath. :)

I must be getting better at bushcraft. I manage to do s0d-all for most of the time we were at the beach-meet. I even managed to NOT catch any fish. Can I have my Inactivity badge now? No, forget it, I catch be bothered to sew it on.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thankyou Steve, at last a sensible article ! I knew i was right all along , it wouldn't do for us all to be the same .

Dave some more lovely pics mate , think the cat may well and truly be out of the bag ! I am happier than i have been for years ! Don't worry the special one has promised not to try and change me , resistance is futile ! " You won't get me in the woods " Don't think i will ever forget that one .

Funny that , don't knock it til you have tried it , can't keep her out of the woods now , got a couple of days up at Andy's woods with Skate and some very important guests , from Tuesday , Lord Bruce is coming to show off some skills too ! You never know might even post the results with pics on here , we will see.

Ivan...

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
I heard a wild rumour it might even be sunny! My head is still peeling from last time so better keep that hat on!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yep my head is still peeling as well i can't make that one as I've got millie in the week give andy my regards will hope to see him soon

Wish the car had made it now, but I did manage to visit that very beach this weekend. I'm guessing some of the lads decided to dig a huge hole, as it wasn't there last time :rolleyes:

Hopefully get chance to catch up with some of you at the end of August.

Dave, have your knife sat here, waiting to be handed over, so will have to get over to wellie land ASAP :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE