The John Fenna Award

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
This prestigious award was given to the Dunn family after the moot and I've recently had an update from Jean (Drews mum) on the "travels of the wee Fenna"

Hi Dave

We went as a family to Center Parcs last weekend. Andrew was coming, he knew about it as it was booked as a surprise for Philip's 60 birthday so we decided to go ahead with it even though as Philip said Center Parcs was a hard hurdle. We had all been as a family many times and had many memories of Andrew being there with us. We talked about him throughout the weekend. I decided to take The John Fenna Award with me and share it together whilst we were there. Everyone passed it around, carefully looked at all the components and we all agree it is a marvel of ingenuity. It bought some emotions to the surface again as was to be expected but in a good way. We all appreciated the accolade and I know Andrew is dead proud of us for having been awarded it.

Please thank everyone involved for us as we do recognise the honour that getting this award represents.

Thanks again Dave
Jean

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
As I didn't know Drew personally and wasn't at his funeral or the moot, may I ask what the award entails?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wee Jock and his rucksack.jpgWee Jock and kit.jpgWee Jock hammocking.jpg
As I didn't know Drew personally and wasn't at his funeral or the moot, may I ask what the award entails?

The JFA is ...a knitted portrait figure of ME!
Knitted by Mad Dave's kind Auntie, it is awarded by me to "The person who ..." whatever seems appropriate at the time...
The Scots won it jointly for being evicted from Scots Corner for being too noisy for example - and they made the gear for him.
The Dunns won it for lone-ing us Drew for a few years :)note the hobo set.jpg

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Drew would have loved that :D
He thought that MadDave's comment about Naughty Corner being invaded by, "a roving band of dispossessed feral Scots", was hilarious; he'd have been so proud of his family that they had tackled such an emotional minefield of coming to the Moot, with not just bravery, but genuine and heartfelt participation :)

I think Wee Jock MacFenna needs a black and red cloak and another hat.

atb,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE