The Chub Lounger - a camping chair for the more generously proportioned among us

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
I went on a search for a fishing chair to support my not inconsiderable bulk, as all the folding camping chairs I've owned were woefully inadequate for the task:)
My quest led to this fine piece of rear-parking technology - the Chub Lounger.

DSCN3366.jpg

DSCN3364.jpg

For such a solid chair, it folds up pretty flat (75cm x 60cm x 21cm) and weighs 7.5kg - so unless you're built like Bruce Banner in a bad mood, you won't want to carry it any further than the distance from your car to your chosen spot!

DSCN3363.jpg

the whole frame is heavy-duty steel tube, well-finished, with solid cross-bracing front and back under the seat

DSCN3373.jpg

The back of the chair reclines to many positions by means of a heavy duty hard rubber toothed wheel on each side of the seat - nice and easy to adjust, very solid lock-up, and the back of the seat is good and solid in every position, reclining to almost fully flat. The arms are steel, and as solid as the rest of the chair.

DSCN3367.jpg

the whole seat is nicely padded, with extra padding behing the knees and the neck - a little slouching makes it a very comfy chair to slob out in

DSCN3372.jpg

the best thing about the Lounger is the adjustable legs. All 4 legs have non-slip mud feet, and all 4 legs are individually adjustable, and will extend by up to 23cm

DSCN3368.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

this gives a seat height adjustable between 38cm and 60cm, and also allows the chair to be planted level on uneven ground.
the seat itself is 54cm deep and 46cm wide, and the back is 62cm high. The fabric of the seat is thick and heavy, and being a fishing chair, i guess it will be water-resistant, though I haven't tested this yet. Impressively, there is no creaking or flexing in the frame when i sit and stand - i'm just on the light side of 22 stone, and the chair feels bomb-proof. The depth of the seat makes it comfortable to sit on, with no adverse pressure on the back of the thighs, and the whole chair is excellent overall.
i paid £59.99 from a supplier on ebay, and although far more than i've ever spent on a chair, i reckon it will prove to be money well spent.
i hope this will be of some use to the taller and heavier among us :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE