THE 5 LOCHS BLOG , [National park ]

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Think its called Capitalism Gaz where there's money to be made someone will make it.(and say its due to idiots who make a mess,the same idiots who will continue to do so at places that dont yet charge)

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well, I wouldn't go to place that looked like that anyway, horribly civilised! Red Squirrel was OK and a safe enough base-camp if you need to leave your gear overnight, but I prefer to be out where there's nobody. I agree, i goes away from what I'd though was the Scottish concept ...

greensurfingbear

Given all the cuts on funding for ranger services etc across the country I'm not at all surprised about this in fact i predict we'll see more of them. We call them honey pots and are for the vast majority of people who 'visit' wild places who only get a few km from their cars. There are still place in parks that'll hardly see any people. These sorts of places help fund the rest of the stuff that is needed.

Orric

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Passed the sites today, both have groundworks done and some piliing being done.

This morning baout 8am I passed a large white van and brown canvas tipi and tents, they were setup riverside just down form the graveyard and about 1/2mile from the first carpark at Lubnaig.

But when I drove back from my DofE course at 5pm I saw a still lit fire smoking but no van or tents. Disappointed as the fire was a metre or two from the river so no reason for it still to be lit. It has not rained here for a few weeks so some grasses are tinder dry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE