the 2nd DD group buy for hammocks and tarps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Hi all ,
yes it's me again with another DD group buy. Nick at dd has said we can have the same
deal that we had last time..which was-

Less than 15 items...
£3 off camping....£4 off travel....£2 off tarps

More than 15 items
£4 off camping....£5 off travel....£3 off tarps

More than 25 extra £1 off.
And again at 45 items.

Also we have netted hammocks this time as well...this bits from Nick-

The netted hammock is £11 including postage. If bought together with another hammock the price would be £7. It comes with 10m of our older (not as strong) webbing and a stuff sack. We don't recommend this hammock for sleeping in, it can be used below your sleeping hammock (or above, if you wish, when using the Camping hammock) to store gear in - keeping it dry and within easy reach. Can also double as a fishing net! Weight is just under 500g including 10m of webbing. Colour is emerald green (not quite as dark as our other hammock).

Back to me.
There is also a light weight tarp in the pipeline that isn't ready yet but might be before the end of this gb..I will let you know if and when this is available and how much.

Heres DD's web site to have a look. www.ddhammocks.com

i'm aiming to have this group buy finished for early July .ready for this years bush moot

and o'yes... apart from this group buy i have nothing to do with dd hammocks etc,etc

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
I'd be interested in the light weight tarp (will it be 3x3 or 3x2 or both?) if it's available before the end!

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
i hope it will be 3x3 but i don't know to tell the truth, nick from dd didn't want to get my hopes up to much as he's not sure himself when it will be availble,but is hoping for the end of may....
me mad...my Dr say's i'm perfectly balenced friut cake :) ;)

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Hi Sandbag,

You must be mental to go through this again but good on ya!

I've posted a heads up on the Song of the Paddle forum as some of the guys over there may be interested, hopefully that may get your numbers up a wee bit.

Cheers,

Alan

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Sandbag, I got a replacement tarp 2 delivered this morning and was told it is the lightweight new one, it weighs in at 1.6k instead of 1.9k, same size (3x3) just a bit thinner. If you want to have a look I'm only just down the road at Towcester.
I would like to add I am over the moon with DD's after sales, I had a problem with stitching on my tarp 2 and it was very quickly sorted, very pro company. No I don't work for them, just a happy customer!

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
thank you chainsaw !!! think you are right about the mental part......hi scrumpy thats interesting to know.i will take you up on that offer as i don't live to far from towcester pm me you telephone no. :).
i agree that they are a good company or i would'nt do this

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
o'no my pm box is getting mail again.....good job i just emptyed all the pm's from the last group buy:)
srumpy i got a email from dd.....bad news you tarp is lighter but it's not the light weight ones that they are bringing in..and the the tarps are going to be 2x3 and 3x3.

Lucyc

Forager
Jan 19, 2008
Somerset
The more say yes, the cheaper it is. For a hammock / tarp combo prob £6-10 discount.

I meant of the new lightweight tarp itself, but actually reading his first post again he says he'll updated when he gets the prices, so I doubt he has yet :p

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
thats correct lucyc...also as i'm going to the bushmoot this year. if anyone can wait till then i can take theirs down with me saving even more money...as long as i can get in the car aswell

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
yes scrumpy it was nice to meet at someone of the site at last.and you lad aswell..
ok folks lets start the list of who want what:-

scrumpy............................................ 1 x camping
Mesquite............................................ 1 x tarp 3x3 lightweight
Shambling Shaman............................... 1 x camping
sulehay.................................................1 x Travel Hammock and Tarp 3x3 Lightweight
widu13.....................................................1 x Travel Hammock and Tarp 3x3

not a bad start thank you

o'yes if you are buying more than 1 item you can save even more. because of the savings in postage by posting 2 items together.it works out to £2 of the price for 2 items
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
scrumpy....................... ..................... 1 x camping
Mesquite...................... ...................... 1 x tarp 3x3 lightweight
Shambling Shaman........................ ....... 1 x camping
sulehay....................... ..........................1 x Travel Hammock and Tarp 3x3 Lightweight
widu13........................ .............................1 x Travel Hammock and Tarp 3x3 Lightweight

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
scrumpy....................... .......................... 1 x camping
Mesquite...................... .......................... 1 x tarp 3x3 lightweight
Shambling Shaman........................ ....... 1 x Travel Hammock
sulehay....................... ............................1 x Travel Hammock and Tarp 3x3 Lightweight
widu13........................ ............................1 x Travel Hammock and Tarp 3x3 Lightweight

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE