That's gotta hurt...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Man-and-Animal-Conflict-A-Leopard-attacks-a-forest-department-employee-after-the-man-threw-a-stone-toward-the-leopard-in-an-abandoned-construction-site-in-Limbu-Village-in-Siliguri-in-West-Bengal-India.-copy-Salil-BeraNati-650x433.jpg

Apparently the man being attacked had the strange idea that throwing a rock at the beast would scare him off. He was wrong.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I don't suppose you know what the outcome of this was do you JD? The armed guys are looking quite relaxed considering their Oppo's current drama.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Ooouchh! If he is still alive, that photo is something he can show everyone and that sure is a unique injury!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
It went for the one without the crash helmet.... lol. One bite and the guys spine/nerves will be crushed or severed...... no one seems to be in a hurry to help him either. :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I don't suppose you know what the outcome of this was do you JD? The armed guys are looking quite relaxed considering their Oppo's current drama.

Ni idea. the article hasn't got much of a write up except for mentioning he was a ranger that chucked a pebble at the leopard to scare it off. The armed fellas don't seem wholly concerned. Except the one trying to hide behind the pillar :lmao:

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Christ all mighty, I wonder how this turned out. Most likely not well for Puss!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Leopard-attack-Salil-Bera2-752x350.jpg

Salil-Bera-The-Week-600x350.jpg

The Jag has quite a wound on its front paw.... thrown a pebble at it? Doubtful

Found the news story. Lots of pebbles and just about anything else they could chuck.

[video=youtube;BvvdOOTeJUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvdOOTeJUk[/video]

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Poor thing.... bet it was terrified. It was only defending itself. If they were using rubber bullets then that is likely what cause the paw wound.... no wonder it went for em...

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
If only i'd been there i could have come to first aid with my antiseptic wipes and sticky plasters. dammit might have even got to use some ointment

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Having watched the vid, I reckon they were a brave bunch. Leopard comes into village, they clamber into tranq range, pretty close to the beast and unable to run away quickly. Didn't stop them tho', they finally caught it in a net (presumably tranked) and transported it back into a forest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE