Thank you button

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If Tony for some reason does add a 'Like' button can we balance it out and have a 'Don't Like' button as well, seems the balanced approach to me.

mountainy man

Jun 23, 2010
sligo, ireland
I have decided to poke my head above the parapet and say that I would be in favour of a "Thanks" button as I am a man of few words and am not near as knowledgeable as a lot of you guys and most of the time I just read threads without posting as I don't have any thing much to add to them. It would allow me to show my appreciation of others efforts and allow me to feel a little more included. I'm sure that there are more silent lurkers out there.

I have decided to poke my head above the parapet and say that I would be in favour of a "Thanks" button as I am a man of few words and am not near as knowledgeable as a lot of you guys and most of the time I just read threads without posting as I don't have any thing much to add to them. It would allow me to show my appreciation of others efforts and allow me to feel a little more included. I'm sure that there are more silent lurkers out there.

I gotta admit I quite like the Thanks button on BCUSA and I don't think it detracts from the forum. I'm not really what could be classed as a lurker unless you look at how long I've been a member and compare it to my post count. I feel quite conscious of what I post and wouldn't really post a comment on a thread just saying thanks, but I would definitely use a thanks button...

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I have to confess that I really don't get the strength of feelings that others seem to in either way. Actually may be the fact that there are only perhaps a dozen ( guess) posters in the thread is a pointer. I would offer an imperfect observation that the forum does show how many thread views already. If there were 100 views but only 2 likes does that infer 98% feel it is rubbish? I think that might put me off posting again :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If Tony for some reason does add a 'Like' button can we balance it out and have a 'Don't Like' button as well, seems the balanced approach to me.

Ahhh. But as the OP originally posted, and later reiterated, the request was for a "thanks" button.

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex

This illustrates exactly how I feel.......

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
May I ask ?

How come you'll both comment on a thread like this, but find it difficult to do so on the other ones ?

From my point of view, if you can join this conversation, then there's no reason why you can't join the others; no reason why you should not feel included, and no reason to remain silent.
Unlike a spoken conversation, all posts are 'heard', even when everyone's commenting at the same time.

cheers,
Toddy

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ahhh. But as the OP originally posted, and later reiterated, the request was for a "thanks" button.

Ying and Yang santaman, the balance, you have a 'like' button then to maintain equilibrium we need a 'don't like' button...common sense really. When Kev thinks about my idea I hope he endorses it.
like.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yes, it does.
If the reason is that we are somehow discouraging, non inclusive, or otherwise offputting, then that needs to be addressed.

If it's that they only wish the simplicity of clicking a button, then that's a forlorn hope I suspect :)

Either way, my query was both relevant and reasonable.

cheers,
M

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yes, it does.
If the reason is that we are somehow discouraging, non inclusive, or otherwise offputting, then that needs to be addressed.

If it's that they only wish the simplicity of clicking a button, then that's a forlorn hope I suspect :)

Either way, my query was both relevant and reasonable.

cheers,
M

Sorry Mary, I didn't mean to imply that it wasn'r reasonable. But I never gathered that the two posters in question felt offput or not included. Rather that they simply weren't verbose. On that note, it shouldn't matter why some people are quieter than others.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Sorry Mary, I didn't mean to imply that it wasn'r reasonable. But I never gathered that the two posters in question felt offput or not included. Rather that they simply weren't verbose. On that note, it shouldn't matter why some people are quieter than others.

How about you let them answer for themselves. :)

Seems reasonable to let them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE