Thank you button

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As stated, hard enough if you're not a typist or have an ailment such as arthrirus, cataracts (or other poor vision)

Can't believe I'm advocating this but if it's because of visual or other problems you could have a short message like say "Thank you for posting" in the form of WORD or STICKYNOTE (or some other program that you can have text typed into and cut and paste from it. I know some folk use it to go through Welcome to the forum threads to say hi to multiple members). Most folk are able to cut and paste or at least a two minute demo from someone should see them right.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Can't believe I'm advocating this but if it's because of visual or other problems you could have a short message like say "Thank you for posting" in the form of WORD or STICKYNOTE (or some other program that you can have text typed into and cut and paste from it. I know some folk use it to go through Welcome to the forum threads to say hi to multiple members). Most folk are able to cut and paste or at least a two minute demo from someone should see them right.

I already said I'm not a typist. Now you suggest that I'm a computor geek?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
some how I wonder how long this thread is going to carry one.. before its closed.....

in some ways... if you dont like it go else where.. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What ill feeling ? :dunno:
It's a discussion, like thousands of others, it rambled along. Folks chip in with their tuppence ha'penny worth (or 5p in my case :) :eek:) and it goes on.

We're all allowed to have our own opinions, even if we disagree with others, our viewpoints have validity, and interest.
Trying to persuade others to see that point of view is fine; just keep it civil :)

SM2K, I think you're reaching there now though.....I have arthritis, and there are days, weeks, when I log on and sit in peace because every damned joint is swollen and aching. I have typed wearing wrist braces, with my elbows strapped up, while I am doped up on anti inflamatories and painkillers, so does Richard, so does Colin and Elen too.....if we can manage a few words, then the arthritis isn't a reason for a Thanks button.

The strength of the forum is in the people and the conversations they generate and contribute to :D
I can see that you feel the thanks thing would augment that, but I really don't see how :dunno:

As I said though, everyone has a right to their opinion.

cheers,
Toddy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
See what I mean by, "shouted down?" Understand why others have simply given uo?

If Tony doesn't want to have a 'like' or 'thank you' button on his forum why should he be forced to by what essentially is a few people who ask for it?

I personally don't see from the discussions I've seen on this and previous threads how it would enhance the forum in any way, shape or form.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
What ill feeling ? :dunno:
It's a discussion, like thousands of others, it rambled along. Folks chip in with their tuppence ha'penny worth (or 5p in my case :) :eek:) and it goes on.

We're all allowed to have our own opinions, even if we disagree with others, our viewpoints have validity, and interest.
Trying to persuade others to see that point of view is fine; just keep it civil :)

SM2K, I think you're reaching there now though.....I have arthritis, and there are days, weeks, when I log on and sit in peace because every damned joint is swollen and aching. I have typed wearing wrist braces, with my elbows strapped up, while I am doped up on anti inflamatories and painkillers, so does Richard, so does Colin and Elen too.....if we can manage a few words, then the arthritis isn't a reason for a Thanks button.

The strength of the forum is in the people and the conversations they generate and contribute to :D
I can see that you feel the thanks thing would augment that, but I really don't see how :dunno:

As I said though, everyone has a right to their opinion.

cheers,
Toddy

Well said... could not agree more....

:35::35::35::35:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nah, I was referring to a different thread...

OK just where it came in in the conversation. There have been a few narky comments else where I think it's like Toddy said elsewhere shorter days and folk getting stuck inside more.

Luckily I'm a happy daftie most of the time!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
What ill feeling ? :dunno:.....

I hope nobody thinks I've spoken with ill feelings, it certainly wasn't my intent. Nor have I detected any from others. A bit nippy at each other perhaps, but that bit mostly in fun. That's one of the things I like about this forum, very few on here take themselves too seriously.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
....SM2K, I think you're reaching there now though.....I have arthritis, and there are days, weeks, when I log on and sit in peace because every damned joint is swollen and aching. I have typed wearing wrist braces, with my elbows strapped up, while I am doped up on anti inflamatories and painkillers, so does Richard, so does Colin and Elen too.....if we can manage a few words, then the arthritis isn't a reason for a Thanks button......

No, it wouldn't be a reason on it's own, granted. I only meant it as one example of an impediment to typing replies. Forntunately for me, my own arthritus isn't really into my hands much yet.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If Tony doesn't want to have a 'like' or 'thank you' button on his forum why should he be forced to by what essentially is a few people who ask for it?

I personally don't see from the discussions I've seen on this and previous threads how it would enhance the forum in any way, shape or form.

I agree, it's Tony's forum and he shouldn't be forced (even if it were possible, which it isn't) Not even if the vast majority wanted it. I was arguing that it's more than a few people who've expressed an interest.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
No need for any form of rating or liking. Just do this...
th

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I agree, it's Tony's forum and he shouldn't be forced (even if it were possible, which it isn't) Not even if the vast majority wanted it. I was arguing that it's more than a few people who've expressed an interest.

It is Tonys forum, but given getting more subscribers is good business sense then sometimes it may pay to listen to customer feedback. (Not saying he doesn't but just that the "his ball, his rules" argument that gets peddled around a bit has a valid counter argument IF you are a paying member).

As for this particular feature. Can't say I'm fussed either way. Would be handy to remove the minimum char limit so you don't have to do the "bunch of spaces and a full stop" trick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE