Testing the water...5 acre wood near Ilkley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
Alas , Myself and Flumpie will not be able to make this weekend , My Dad's first chemo didnt go well and we will be rallying round to help my mum cope with his return home :(

Have a great time and we hope the weather holds for you all :)

Bob

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I'll be there Friday. This will be my first visit, would someone be able to PM me the details? I have the rules and location from Ian but wondered where would be best to park, whether I need to check in at the farm and how best to get to the wood from there. Much appreciated

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
I'll be there Friday. This will be my first visit, would someone be able to PM me the details? I have the rules and location from Ian but wondered where would be best to park, whether I need to check in at the farm and how best to get to the wood from there. Much appreciated

Ditto on this, have found it on Google Maps etc but wouldn't want to p*** off the farm on first visit by parking in their space etc :)

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
If you park at the back of the car park, that will then leave room for the people using the gun club. If you call into the stone building and see John. He is the farmer. he will point you in the right direction. Simon will be there about 18.00. I will be there on Saturday morning. Any problem give me a ring on.
Ian.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good to put some more faces to names again, I enjoyed a toasty night in the hammock despite the gales.

Sorry for the quick departure his morning though

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Thanks Ian & Simon for organising this. It was good to meet up in person with forum-folk.
Had a great time & tried out my new kit too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Aye, thanks Ian and Simon for sorting this. Windiest night yet in a hammock! But worth it!
Snozz

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
Yeah,shame about the weather! I bottled this meeting and got on with tiling the kitchen instead. Would probably have been better off in a wet and windy wood under my tarp..!
Well done to all who braved the elements.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
It was a short but enjoyable stay, thanks all round. Are we all accounted for? Leeds Bradford Radar reported a low flying unidentified object around 1400 yesterday, I just hope it wasn't one of us!

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
It was good to meet people however briefly on Friday night. Thanks to Ian and Simon for organising and the return of the tools, Trunks and Snozz for the mulled wine and Shewie for bringing the hammock bits. Hope to see you again (and for longer) at the next one :)

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
Sounds like it is a good resource to have locally. Would someone like myself be able to join your for a weekend meet sometime? I can't really sign up for every month as I already have one monthly escape (Ranger service) and the Mrs would probably object to my fortnightly disappearance!

Jay

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
So how bad did it get on Saturday, when did folks decide to bail?

I had an interesting drive south, dodging a few obstacles down the A1 :drive:

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
About 14.00. Simon got a severe weather warning on his phone stating that 80mph winds wehre heading our way be Sat evening. It was a joint decision To cut short the meet as there were a lot of dead standing trees. This problem will be addressed before the next meet.
Safety always comes first.
Ian.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE