Tentipi spares

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
I'm wondering if anybody knows where I could get the fibreglass rods that go around the top of a Varrie as I managed to lose mine on a bike trip ?

I've tried cutting coat-hangers but the wire is too weak and I can't think of anything else suitable. I've mailed Tentipi themselves several times but have had no reply, grrrr. Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated !

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Have you tried Tentipi themselves?

The website mentions that you can 'send an e-mail and ask for prices'...

Tentipi Sales & Rental AB
Box 148
SE-686 23 Sunne
Sweden

www.tentipi.com
info@tentipi.com

Telephone times
09.00 - 12.00
13.00 - 16.30 (15.30 on Fridays)
In the event that you cannot get through to us, either because of many other incoming calls or because of technical problems, we ask that you send us a fax or an e-mail. Let us know the best time to call back.

Telephone
0960 - 302 10 Int. +46 960 302 10

Telefax
0565 - 122 73 Int. +46 565 122 73

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Id be interested in this too. I managed to break one when packing the tent in a hurry during a bit of a downpour. I repaired it with a bit of insulation tape and the outer part of a BIC pen a while back but should really get an original part. They are vital in keeping the cap tight against the main tent in bad weather.

Let us know how you get on if you can.

J

jackmcmanus21

companies like that are so hard to get a response from. I'd like to see an answer for this problem...its only a matter of time before i run into it I imagine

J

jackmcmanus21

companies like that are so hard to get a response from. I'd like to see an answer for this problem...its only a matter of time before i run into it I imagine

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
Er, wow. I mailed them again last night, nothing nasty or anything, just said I'd mailed several times previously and hadn't gotten a reply and was looking for some spares and they got back this morning offering me free parts 'n all. I'm both surprised and delighted, great stuff, woohoo :D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Er, wow. I mailed them again last night, nothing nasty or anything, just said I'd mailed several times previously and hadn't gotten a reply and was looking for some spares and they got back this morning offering me free parts 'n all. I'm both surprised and delighted, great stuff, woohoo :D

Good news :)

Although it's no excuse for not returning your earlier emails, they're a much smaller operation than most people might imagine. According to their website, this is all the staff they have :)

3a00277-36.jpg

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
Good news :)

Although it's no excuse for not returning your earlier emails, they're a much smaller operation than most people might imagine. According to their website, this is all the staff they have :)

Wow, it's amazing they can produce such a range with that few staff. They said they hadn't received previous mails so they must have just gone astray somehow.

I've offered to pay once more but they've refused and are sending on a full set of the rods and some spare for free. Tentipi have the best tents and :You_Rock_

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
I came across a UK supplier today at an outdoor show.

World Inspired Tents

They had a number of tentipis on show as well as ones being used for the entrance and one of the food stalls.

Looking at the catalogue I am tempted by the Fire Box Mini for the back garden.:D

Richard

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Nice one - for what it's worth, Caspar at Nordic Outdoor has sorted me out with spares with no charge before too. But then again, that's where I bought the tent from.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I bought my tent from Caspar too a couple of years ago and sent him a mail today asking about the fibreglass rods. I recieved a reply shortly afterwards telling me that the parts were on the way. Really good service.

I originally bought from him after calling two companies in the UK that supplied them. When I called both phones went to answering machine. Caspar called back that day and I placed the order. The other company called back a week later. I had already been out for a night in my tent.

I would heartily recommend him to any potential buyers.

No connection to seller etc. just a satisfied customer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE